~♥~ Chapter 24: Call Out My Name ~♥~

"I said I didn't feel nothing baby, but I lied
I almost cut a piece of myself for your life,
Guess I was just another pit stop
'Til you made up your mind
You just wasted my time."
                            -The Weekend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He betrayed me.

Those were the words that were constantly echoing in my head. How could he do this to me?

We were so much in love. We were about to get married. Were about to have a baby. What could have possibly happened to make him take such a step?

Tears continued streaming down my face. I stopped running after a while, as I realized it wasn't good for the baby for me to exert myself.

I remembered then that I didn't have my coat on. I had totally forgotten it when I ran away. I was soon shivering. The cold January wind blew on my face.

I sat down on a nearby bench to calm myself down. But how could I be calm? The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't control my tears.

After what seemed like an eternity, I got up from the bench and took a deep breath. The freezing air invaded my lungs, so I decided to get a coffee.

I walked to a coffee shop that was about fifteen minutes from the bench. I needed that walk. It helped me calm down before I went in public.

I sat down at a table and touched my belly. It had grown a lot in size. But even it couldn't improve my mood today.

The coffee house was in a bit of chaos, as university students scurried around to get their coffee to wake up, the office workers in their shirt and pants with bags and suitcases in their hands. I guess even they had to work on a Sunday.

I struggled to get up, still exhausted from all the crying. A boy that was standing next to me helped me up. I looked at him in gratitude and smiled.
"Would you like something? I could get it for you." He said politely. I shook my head.

He insisted, so I told him to order a hot chocolate for me, as I was still a bit cold. He brought it and I paid him, but he declined again.

"I'm Brent, by the way. And you are?", he smiled. "Amelia. I really want to thank you for your help today, Brent.", I tried to smile.

He nodded and didn't say anything else. I stared at the cup of hot chocolate in my hands. It brought back so many memories. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from crying.

"Here you go!", Phil said, handing me a cup full of steaming hot chocolate. I smile at him and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"They decorated the Christmas tree today. Want to go and see?", he asked, grinning like a child. "Yes!", I say, grinning back.

We make our way downstairs and sit near the Christmas tree. The fireplace was blazing, spreading warmth across the room.

"I was going to wait till Christmas, but I can't help myself", he said softly. He picked up a small box under the tree. It was wrapped in red paper, with a green ribbon with printed ginger bread men on it.

I picked it up and slowly opened it. It was a brown leather box. I opened it and gasped. It was tiny gold bracelet.

"Phil I-", I started, but couldn't find the words to finish. He silenced me with a kiss. "Take it without saying anything babe. It's our baby's." He took it from my hands and pointed to something written in tiny letters which were inscribed on it.

'Mom and Dad love you.'

"Phil..", I start saying, but end up crying instead, hugging Phil the whole time. He held me tighter by the second. I raised my head. "I love you Phil. So much. But I can't pay you back for this."