~♥~ Chapter 19 : Sabotage ~♥~

A/n: Hey y'all! There are a lot of POV changes in this chapter, so just be careful okay? Love you all ❤
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'mma set it straight, this Watergate
But I can't stand rockin' when I'm in this place
Because I feel disgrace because you're all in my face.
                                    -Beastie Boys
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia's POV

"You're sure about this right ? ", I ask again.

" Yeah, you'll look ravishing", Talia says between smiles.

"What do you Americans say? Yeah right, I'm your gal pal, you can count on me, girl ", she says with a very fake accent, trying to act all sassy.

"Uh huh", I say.

I was so skeptical of everything Talia did or taught me ever since I spoke to Eric. I mean, I did believe him. Talia does seem like a two faced bitch.

So it was obvious that I would question her dress choice again.

She gave me this revealing, short dress to wear for the ball tonight.

"This dress is perfect for you. You won't draw attention to your stomach", she says. "Trust me on this one".

Trusting her is something I really don't want to do. "Fine", I give in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talia's POV

It's time to get over with step two, I think as I knock on the Queen's door.

" Come in", she says granting me permission to enter.

I let myself in.

" Talia darling, I am actually running late for a meeting. Can we talk later? ", she asks.

"Clarisse, it's really urgent and I promise I won't take long", I say.

"Okay then", she motions for me to sit.

"So what brings you here today? What do you think about the party preparations?", she asks.

"Wonderful as always", I say. " I actually came to talk to you about Amelia. The girl seems hell bent on earning a bad reputation".

"Why? I am sure that she can't do anything that bad", she says, smiling.

"Well then, your Majesty, I'm afraid you don't know her well enough ", I say pouting.

"Enlighten me ", she replies as she raises her eyebrows.

" She just won't listen to me. She plans to wear a very inappropriate and provocative dress at the ball tonight. A dress that certainly won't do well with our refined guests", I explain.

" She is wearing what? We are hosting this party to announce her engagement to my son. She cannot become a scandal", she says aghast.

" That's exactly what I told her. I'm sorry that I bothered you with this but Phil's reputation is at stake too. I can't bear the thought of him being embarrassed ", I say.

I make a mental note for thanking Mum for making me take acting lessons when I was younger.

" You are not troubling me at all Talia. I am so glad that you are here. I wish Amelia was not the girl Phil impregnated ", she sighs. I almost smile at the thought of what she's going to say.