iii. just his luck, a stubborn, difficult heroine

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄'𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝗎𝖼𝗄, 𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖻𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗇, 𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗎𝗅𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
'𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝗎𝖼𝗄, 𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖻𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗇, 𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗎𝗅𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 of light, followed by a whump of physical impact, as if someone had shoved her hard. The echoing boom vibrated her audio receptors so much it made her helm bobble dizzily.

Suddenly, there was total silence. It was almost as if she had been deafened briefly despite the fact the the ringing never stopped.

Then the muffled sound of an alarm going off replaced the silence as her hearing slowly came back to her.

Eclipse dizzily glanced around the room as the world began to stop spinning. Things had fallen off of the desks and the walls and furniture was moved out of place.

Her optics met the floor once again in an attempt to recover, finding the reflection of flames on the polished floor, turning everything red. If she wasn't so light-helmed at the moment, the concern would've settled in quicker about what had happened.

She staggered to her pedes, feeling shaky. The blurring faded in and out as she stood.

The femme shook her helm slightly, clearing her vision back to its normal state.

In the distance, the sight of one of the enormous skyscrapers coming tumbling down was the first to capture her attention. It crashed through the honeycomb-like layers of Cybertron before disappearing out of her view. The question of where it had gone had been answered as another boom! shook every structure in a few hundred-mile radius, the brightly lit flames of the explosions filling the sky. They mixed in with the growing flames at the edge of the city, likely being where the first explosion occurred.

Only when she heard gunfire did she snap out of her shocked state. It became clear what had really happened.

Eclipse quickly spun around and ran toward the door.

The moment she slide it open to leave, another bot on the other side stood in front of her. He looked as though he was about to enter the room himself.

"It's a Decepticon attack, right—"

He cut her off by pushing her back into the room, "Stay here. You'll be escorted out of here shortly."

She hadn't had a chance to argue before he palmed the panel in the wall and the door slid shut behind him, rushing off to help with the chaos unfolding just outside.

Annoyance bubbled inside of her.

Stay put? That was the last thing she wanted to do.

There was no way she was just going to stand there while everyone fought the Decepticons.