xvii. blizzards on rooftops

I have entomophobia. A phobia of insects. I mean I'm afraid of lady bugs and butterflies.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍'𝖻𝗂𝗓𝗓𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌 𝗈𝗇 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗈𝗉𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
'𝖻𝗂𝗓𝗓𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌 𝗈𝗇 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗈𝗉𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘 like snowflakes in the dark-cycle, yet appeared still like an old holo-image. Eclipse smiled, feeling the icy wind meet her exterior. She didn't even feel as much as a chill even up that high, but rather more relaxed than she ever was on the ground.

Had she been out there in space, riding the limits of the known universe, they would be a choreographed blizzard. How the stars would move or the galaxies tumbled.

She wondered if her carrier had ever thought similarly. Had she wanted to ever to leave everything behind her and play with comets and stars for the rest of eternity? Or perhaps it was the stress that always brought her up here that provoked such thoughts.

But for now, with her arms dangled over the railing of the building that seemed as though it floated in the sky, the starlight kept its familiar pattern. The constellations, who'd witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, watched over this tiny moment of her escape.

Her longing gaze fell back from its fantasies to the city below her, serving as a reminder that she wasn't floating in the midst of the sky.

Tonight the city was alive with lights that drowned out the beauty of above, as it did every cycle. She was thankful to be able to reach so high to see it for what it was.

It was a city of wide avenues and small places to sit, to relax as bots went about their cycle. It was alive even in the latest breems of the dark-cycle in the unchanging sky where only the two moons were there to tell them the time.

There were the sky towers in the center, where she was in the center of it all, surrounded by thousands of housing-units. The rest was wild spaces, a chance to walk down the street without knowing what was going to be next because there was a mix of everything and anything.

Yet perhaps her favorite thing was the little bit of land just on the edge of the chaos that was nothing but open space. No one could think of what to put there, they already had all they needed and more. Every time she was up on the roof, she would take a moment to look over there, appreciating the contrast for what it was and loved it all that much more. Now she had a memory to connect to the place she supposed.

Wrapped around the city like a cage, a translucent, golden dome sealed off the outside world. It appeared as though it were invisible as it reached higher in the sky, but towards the ground you could see nothing but shimmering gold. Its looks deceived and distracted for what it was really for and what was really out there.