xxxviii. the sound of silence

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓'𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾'

'𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾'

this isn't completely edited, so if the ending is weird.. it's cause I was half asleep

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐌 finally reached the city, they were taken aback by the severity it had reached. Her processors flickered with the current scene and her last day on Cybertron, one a tad sandier than the other.

Explosions echoed left and right, the deafening boom shaking the floor beneath them. The gunfire ricocheting every which way was overwhelming, but she kept her composure as they ran.

"Sam!" A familiar voice called out, the two looking over to see Ironhide standing beside Chromia. They seemed to be looking for the boy beside her.

"Hide! Chromia!" Eclipse shouted, drawing their attention. They began to rush over upon spotting them, firing their cannons as they did.

The femme grew confused when noticed their faceplates change.

"Eclipse, look out—" Ironhide began, but Chromia acted faster.

Eclipse's optics widened when the femme's cannon aimed in her direction, her entire frame jolting as she fired; however, the loud clash behind her proved she wasn't the target.

With a short glance over her shoulder-plate, she noticed the now fallen Decepticon struggling to get up.

She wasted no time in firing one last time at his helm, offling the mech.

The two Autobots had reached them when she returned her cannon to her side. Chromia nodded her helm to the side, "Follow us to the pillars. We'll take you to Optimus."

The weapons specialist was first to react at the sound of a gun firing, his instincts taking over as he shoved the femmes out of the line of fire and shot at the source.

"Go, Sam! Get to the pillars!" Ironhide yelled at the boy using the glacier-blue pede as a shield before turning to the one it belonged to, "Eclipse, come help us!"

Chromia cocked her gun, "I'll lead the way, Sam."

She shook her helm, jogging after Chromia and Sam, calling out, "I'm going with Sam! I made a promise!"

No further questions were asked as Eclipse followed, shooting as she did so.

They grew closer to the center of the battlefield, soldiers and Decepticons both dead and alive scattered about.

Her worries were out for them, of course, but the focus was protecting the three of them. They could do nothing but run, dodging gunfire as they reached closer and closer.