xlii. double-crossed and distrusted

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎'𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
'𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓.

The world was lost, as well as the Autobots.

As a space bridge opened under Sentinel's doing, masses of Decepticons began to swarm the city of Chicago.

The scene replicated what had consumed all of the cities and towns on their planet, war doing nothing but taking and taking until there was nothing left.

"Defenders of Earth. We have come for your natural resources to rebuild our damaged planet."

When lost, all there is left to turn to is guidance from anyone who may know the way out. The humans, their only allies, their only hope for a home, were in search of that guidance amidst a blind panic.

"When we have transported all we need, we will leave your world in peace."

They'd take any chance to get out that they could.

"For such peace to exist, you must immediately exile the Autobot rebels you have harbored. Nonnegotiable. Renounce the rebels. We await your reply."

Even if it meant stabbing the backs of their allies, their friends.

Eclipse, from the very beginning, held little trust for the human race. Whether that was for their aggressiveness the moment she arrived or because she had been lied to by the bot closest to her, she couldn't say.

There were those who had earned her trust, such as Marie and Ellie Barron and William Lennox, and a few soldiers standing by his side. Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Bane proved to be trustful allies and friends, as much as the boy did test her patience.

But the few did not outweigh the many, and they only continued to prove her wrong as they, time and time again, stabbed her in the back with no care of the consequences.

At the end of the day, she would always be untrusting and they would always flee in a blind panic with selfishness hanging over their shoulders.

"They're being ignorant!" Eclipse shouted as she paced back in forth in front of Optimus, "They will all die without us. They really think they could handle what we couldn't?"

The rest of the bots stood around them, waiting for further news. They weren't allowed to leave, not that they had anywhere else to go.

Bumblebee held a recharging Nova, her helm buried in his neck cables. The poor bitlet had been exhausted from all of her cries and the recharge was essentially forced on her by her drained systems.

He spoke up, radio volume lowered, "What exactly are we supposed to do?"

The Autobots were just as lost as the rest of the human race, only they had enough experience not to be entirely irrational in such circumstances.