xix. what's under their pedes

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍'𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝗉𝖾𝖽𝖾𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
'𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝗉𝖾𝖽𝖾𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 gone by, deeming it the next cycle. By then, the entirety of the Capitol knew of Eclipse's disappearance. Automatically it was assumed she decided to sneak out on one of her adventures again, but that worry only grew as time passed by and she was yet to turn up. What was usually a short five-to-seven-klik bit of freedom very quickly turned into breems.

Once she was deemed actually missing, the order began to slowly fall around base.

Bumblebee was the most disoriented of them all. He had spoken to her only a few breems ago in the midst of the dark cycle—technically.

She was just here. How could she have just disappeared?

They combed the streets of Iacon, promises of keeping a certain secret being broken as they searched the rooftops, only to come up with nothing. Their ignorance prevailed them as they searched in all the wrong places.

Just when they thought to look up, they never took a moment to look where they were stepping.

Under the city of Iacon, a few dozen feet below the pedes of thousands of Cybertronians, Tesla walks in front of Eclipse with two guards hovering on either side of her down a dimly lit tunnel. The rickety lights hanging from the ceiling flickered every few nano-kliks, leaving them in utter darkness for a moment too long for her liking.

Where they were going, Eclipse didn't know. She had been powered offline long before they got inside of... wherever they were.

All she knew is that they had been walking endlessly down these run-down tunnels. She didn't even know these tunnels existed, and neither had the Autobots she assumed. It made her wonder if Cybertron was lined with underground grids that they just didn't know about.

The femme was drawn from her thoughts when the tunnel came to an end, her voice in her helm beginning to annoy her after such a long amount of time.

Her helm never moved, but her optics wasted no time scanning every inch of the brightly lit room they had stepped into it.

It had enormous ceilings stretching to at least three times the height of Optimus. It looked just as run-down as the tunnels, but the newer lights hung from the ceiling brought light to all the cracks and holes etching every inch of the place. It looked ancient but judging by the size of the place, they were probably very far underground—just her luck.

What drew her attention was the most up-to-date thing sitting dead center of the room. It was a huge, steel machine packed with wires and made an awful buzzing noise. Around it were numerous crystals of all different sizes and shapes sitting on small platforms hanging off of the machine.