𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

Here we are, 65 chapters and 248,584 words later, the very last chapter of this book (not included star-crossed and any sequels that may follow). By the time you're reading this, the story will now say completed instead of to be continued :(

It's been... a lot, but we made it. Before I begin my big, sappy, and emotional rant I just want to note that this is mostly for me. You don't have to read it, but I feel like I really do need to write this.

This book was something I started in early 2018. It was something completely different and less thought out than this version here, as you might've read me say in the first chapter of this book. I didn't understand much about writing then, and I still have a lot to learn, but I'm willing to keep working to get better because this was... wow. This is my first book ever that I've ever actually finished and not just unpublished, and certainly not my last. I started this book just because I had an idea of a character I wanted to place in the series. I was in the middle of watching the Bumblebee movie for my middle-school love, Dylan O'brien, sometime in January and it hit me. I genuinely never thought it would ever reach 1k reads, let alone over 100,000. To have ranked number one in both Bumblebee and Autobot and two in action-thriller is so surreal to me. I don't deserve that. I have no one to thank but you all because your endless love and support is what helped me keep going with this book. There are writers out there in this world that work so hard to give their readers good content and so many don't get their well-deserved attention. To even picture the idea of a random seventeen-year old girl who procrastinates like hell and is obsessed with so many fandoms that people genuinely think I'm weird to ever get something like this is amazing, and I have you all to thank for that. People in my life had made fun of me countless times for writing this because it was different, but you all made me realize that I'm not the only one who loves this fandom even if others do not.

Eclipse was my first character I put my heart and soul into, and I purposefully did not change her name from the original and rather embraced my pre-teen self's decisions. And her death might make some of you mad at me, maybe you're thinking I did it for no reason. But for newer readers, I had originally written this book to eighty chapters because I couldn't let go of the reason I wrote her the way I did. I'm so attached to this character I'm literally getting a tattoo of an eclipse on my 18th birthday in a couple of months. Trust, and read again if you must, that it was meant to happen the way it did. Hell, I named the book for that intended ending, and I had to rewrite this to make sure I got there better than I did last time. I love her so much, and I can only hope you loved her as much as me.

There is a few thank you's I'd like to say before I get further into my small rant.

I'd like to start with people that may not be aware, but they are what helped me write this story. And that is you, anyone reading this. You are what I looked forward to every time I published and seriously helped me through tough times without even meaning to. Whenever I uploaded a chapter, I'd search for familiar users and see what they had to say or if they saw because they always make me smile, laugh, etc. I appreciate all of you, more than you could ever know. Thank you for always commenting. Even if I don't pay attention in class because of you all, I love reading every one of your comments. I read every. Single. One. They always bring a smile to my face.

I can't thank them personally, but thanks to all who came from the original writing and stuck through it. You guys would catch the old book references. The fact you guys were still here to read just amazes me.

Thank you to anyone who went out of their way to give me fan art which I will put below cause I hold it very dear to my heart. I wish I still had everyone's users, so if you see your art, say something I'd love to thank you again personally. (I'm also gonna insert one or two of my own ofc cause I love this book and its characters)

This was one long, emotional, hilarious, and a thousand other words I don't have time to name, journey. I'll never regret spending every morning on the bus typing away at my phone planning for this book for months during my freshmen year. Ever. I won't forget the hours at Starbucks rewriting and writing this book.

I will be going back through this soon and fixing grammar and spelling mistakes. I'm aware that with all my late night uploads between 12 and 7 am, without any sleep because insomnia, I tend to miss some things every chapter cause my contacts doooo be blurring. I'll go back through. It'll be my first read through of this book all at once ever and I'm excited.

If you made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read this. I couldn't appreciate you more. Make your mark in the comments with the date you finished and maybe even a little hello so I can thank each of you personally. I hope you liked this story just as much as I do.

This is not the last you will see of them.

signing off, mik

Artwork by Connorshover

Artwork by lilbeesoftie

Artwork by myself but based off Pinterest photo