xviii. the deceiver

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
'𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐎 her berthroom after the conversation with Optimus. While she was determined to speak with Bumblebee, the warning signs flashing over her vision told her that recharge was going to have to come first. Was she really was overworking herself that much?

She shut the door behind her, a heavy vent falling from her intake that revealed just how exhausted she was.

However, that was only moments before she noticed that someone was standing in her room. She jumped comedically high until she realized it was only Tesla.

With a servo to her chassis, she calmed her racing spark from the sudden scare, "I wouldn't say it's normal to be in someone's room without a warning like some stalker."

The two femmes chuckled as her guardian murmured a short apology.

Eclipse wandered into the smaller room connected to her berthroom. It served as storage and a place to freshen up.

"Getting ready to get some recharge before your big cycle tomorrow?" She heard Tesla ask, her voice muffled by the distance of being in two separate rooms.

The femmeling nodded but was quick to realize her guardian couldn't see her.

"Yeah, but I'm also exhausted. It was a very long day of preparations."

"Are you nervous?"

"You know, Optimus just asked me the same question." She paused, "And only a little bit."

She started to wipe down her armor to free it of any dirt it had caught throughout the day. Being cooped up inside, there wasn't much to clean.

But the comfortable silence was interrupted by the strange glyphs, "Did I ever tell you that I was from Steel Ridge?"

That perked her curiosity. She heard vaguely about what had happened there many vorns ago, it was one of the cycles in the war that was the Autobots used as a reflection to never repeat their mistakes.

From what she gathered from others, considering she wasn't even created when these events unfolded, there was a plan to infiltrate one of the Decepticons' bigger bases there and take it over. The city still was swarming with civilians who couldn't leave, and the Autobots being who they were, tried everything to help them.

Something that cycle had gone wrong and someone made the wrong call. There was an explosion so big that it had wiped out thousands of civilians, Decepticons and Autobots. No one had won that cycle, but the city's remains were left there as a gravestone and a reminder of what happened.