xliv. beginning of the end

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑'𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝖽'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
'𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝖽'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 with one arm, her other dangled loosely at her side as she walked through the streets back into the war. She had nowhere else to go. No one else to help her. Her expression remained blank, Nova's helm buried into her shoulder-plate as she trekked.

In shock was the only way to describe her current state, each step making her arm hurt that much more but she couldn't bring herself to showcase it.

"You're my prisoners!"

Her processors were on auto-pilot as she ducked behind a fallen structure, hearing the commotion on the other side.

She was numb, having an almost out-of-body experience as she watched the events unfold in front of herself.

Her hazy vision wavered, finding Decepticons surrounding the captured Autobots minus Optimus and Jazz. Their destination, where the control pillar was being kept, sat right across the way but the bridge had been raised to block their way.

"I'll kill you!" Elita screamed with tears freely flowing down her faceplate as she was shoved to the side, standing in line with the others.

Her spark clenched as she caught sight of two lifeless on the ground. The grey optics of Mirage and Chromia lay there, a gaping hole blasted through their chassis visible from where she was.

"Get off me! Get off!" Ratchet went to throw a punch at one but was promptly surrounded by two more Decepticons, forcing him to back down.

Her optics hurriedly scanned the area, spotting her sparkmate as a pede met his back and he was forced onto his knees with the others.

No one had taken notice of the control pillar shooting a beam up into the sky as it was activated, causing the storm clouds to start rolling away. At this point, they didn't care.

Wheeljack slowly looked over to the scout, "Bee, I think they are going... to kill all of us." The bond flickered with fear, reflecting that in his now wide optics.

It was then that Soundwave yanked the inventor forcefully to his pedes, as though hearing his words, "You. Your time is up."

He threw the Autobot on the ground in front of him, the rest of his team cringing helplessly. There was nothing they could do.

Eclipse watched in horror, glancing down at Nova who she couldn't... just leave her there.

"Wait, wait, wait! We surrendered! We're your prisoners!" He pleaded as Soundwave clutched his helm and pushed him up once again.

What was she supposed to do?

Wheeljack continued to struggle as he was dragged, "What is killing us going to do?!"