xiv. i'm just like you

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 '𝗂'𝗆 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
'𝗂'𝗆 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐇𝐒 had passed since the whole incident in the training room with Bumblebee. By now, she had gone back into the old Eclipse, only... she didn't.

Everything seemed like it had gone back to normal, but nothing felt like it was the same after the trip.

Eclipse assumed that afterward, maybe it'd be a little more bearable with Bumblebee on base with her, but assumptions never worked in her favor, and she knew his priorities were somewhere other than... whatever they were.

Eclipse stood beside Optimus and other Autobots in a formal line as they welcomed the new recruits. In front of them was another line, creating a pathway.

As the recruits passed through the center, they greeted anyone they knew or were familiar with. For some, that was freaking out over some of the upper ranks stationed there that could be considered their inspiration or idols.

Throughout the entire thing, she smiled and greeted them kindly like she had been told.

Though, it didn't feel right on her dermas. She didn't feel like being happy.

The femme could only hope it didn't show because what she wanted didn't really matter, she supposed.

"Hey, Eclipse!" The familiar voice of Cliffjumper filled her audio-receptors, her helming turning to find Jazz and the red mech strolling toward her.

She was so occupied by the most recent events that she completely forgot they were being re-stationed.

Eclipse flashed her vacant smile of the cycle, as happy as she was to see them again, "Hey, Jazz, Cliff." The memory of the short time she spent with them played in her helm, and it actually lifted her spirits for a bit.

Jazz seemed to eye her suspiciously, not that she noticed with Cliffjumper as spirited as usual.

He grinned widely, "So! How have you been? You and Bee better not have gone out partying without me."

Just like that, the moment of happiness was gone upon the reminder of Bumblebee and what he did.

Her smile faltered, "Yeah, yeah. We didn't do anything without you."

She wanted out of the conversation and to avoid the subject altogether.

"I've got to welcome some more bots, but I'll talk to you guys later?"

They nodded, proceeding to walk ahead behind others trailing inside.

Not even a nano-klik passed for her to gather her wits before Optimus called her designation, attention drawn right over to him and the red and grey mech standing at his side.