ix. it's all downhill from here

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇𝗁𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
'𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇𝗁𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'

✶ ✶ ✶

"𝐖𝐄'𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒 through one last town before we reach Iacon. I've got a friend stationed there so we should have a place to stay while we're there. It's just a very long walk until then."

Eclipse nodded along as he explained their plans for the rest of the cycle. The walking part didn't sound the most appealing considering they had already been walking for breems.

It was so much different compared to what she was used to.

Don't get her wrong, she absolutely loved the adventure and the new experience, but it was very different from taking a spaceship or ground-bridging everywhere.

The duo stopped at the end of the path, pedes meeting the edge of a river where liquid mercury rushed downstream. The liquid wasn't as sticky or dense as it appeared, but swimming wasn't exactly an option considering how heavy Cybertronians were. They'd sink right to the bottom, not to mention this stuff stained and ruined polished finishes.

The black and yellow mech turned, "We can follow the river downstream."

Even as he started walking away, the femme didn't follow.

Her optic-ridges furrowed, staring at the metallic liquid then to the scout. "Why don't we just ride down the river? It would save so much time." She suggested seriously.

Bumblebee turned around, "On what? There is nothing to ride down on."

She hummed in agreement before scanning the area.

There had to be something...

Her optics landed on the nearest crystal tree which she had previously been skimming over.

Her servo brushed over the flaps of metal on the base of the tree as an idea sparked, "Let's building something to ride on."

✶ ✶ ✶

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 idea."

Bumblebee was visibly stressed. The anxiety he didn't even bother to try and hide flew through the vibrations of his shaky vocal synth. And if that wasn't enough to make it apparent, the mech was desperately clinging onto the sides of the makeshift boat they constructed. Sure, it was poorly made and could probably fall apart at any nano-klik since neither were really experts at building things; However, that only spiked his stress levels higher.

Still, they sat inside of it and on top of the river, the scout a lot less willingly than herself. She sat in the front to at least ease some nerves that may come from seeing anything he might overthink, the scout close behind her.