Chapter 10- Dinner

Arriving at the restaurant, Sebastian slid out of the driver seat and stalked to the passenger side to open the door. Holding his calloused hand out for me to take, I turned my body slightly and slowly peeled my legs from the leather. "The entire process was as annoying as it was gruesome."

"May I?" He questioned, sliding his arm gently around my waist. His arm felt so good wrapped around my body, causing the tingling sensations to grow stronger with each passing second.

Internally smiling, we walked into an elaborate waiting area. Glass side tables lined the walls with brochures of every kind and flowers peaked from behind.

Standing at the hostess stand was a small, dark-haired woman who welcomed us with a warm smile. "Hello there," She greeted.

Sebastian carefully dropped his arm from around my waist and hugged the woman who then grabbed his face and tapped it teasingly. Placing his arms around her shoulder, he sweetly introduced me to the woman.

"Veronica, this is Aunt Faye." Looking at her he smiled and his eyes lit up. It was very apparent he was close with her, and it made my heart skip a beat at his sweetness.

The name of the restaurant, "Auntie Faye's" made complete sense now. It was obvious this was his family's pride and joy.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Aunt Faye ushered us past tables filled with young and old couples huddled together, talking sweet nothings to one another. Showing us to the back of the room, a table was placed perfectly in front of two massive glass windows that overlooked acres of green grass with massive oak trees lining the sides. I gasped at the stunning view.

"Wow, this is beautiful." I proclaimed, directing my attention towards his aunt Faye.

"Well thank you, dear. Now you two enjoy your supper while I get back to work." She said sweetly, sending a wink and a smile towards Sebastian.

This place looked more like something out of a storybook than an actual venue in reality. The walls and ceiling were lined with white painted diamond shaped wooden fencing. Intertwined around the fence were vines and flowers in an array of colors.

A single white candle illuminated each table that was covered in white silk table cloths and tied down with a large black bow at the bottom. The chairs were lined with black silk and tied around the legs with white bows. This restaurant displayed beautiful classic vintage, my absolute favorite.

"This place has been with my family for hund- um, years. My Aunt and Uncle started it up not long after they met."

I sat in awe listening to his story. He was an open book that made words jump off the pages and flooded your mind with its spellbinding tales.

When he was finally done, he reached across the table slipped his hands into mine. "So, Veronica West, tell me about yourself."

**
We were the last ones in the restaurant and were still giggling and telling stories like old high school friends. The smell of our Manicotti still lingered at our table as our plates were stacked to the side.

People only bothered us to refill our drinks or give us our plates of food. Getting up and walking towards the bar, Sebastian whispered to the young man who was staring at me with a warm smile.

He gently twirled a strand of my blonde hair in his fingers before tucking it behind my ear.

"It slipped out," He smirked.

"You still haven't answered my question," I deadpanned.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?" He raised an eyebrow, using the crook of his elbow to support his head.

His eyes instantly softened when I gave him my best 'puppy' eyes. "Fine," He groaned. "We're having chocolate cake."

A tiny gasp escaped from my lips. "My guilty pleasure." I was salivating the delicious fudginess and gooeyness of the cake. "How did you know?"

"A magician never reveals his secrets. Maybe I'm a mind reader?" He shrugged, stretching his arms over his head. "Anyways, I was aware of your guilty pleasure before we even got here."

I was going to kill Tessa when I got home, as she was the only person who could've told him unless he saw the boxes I had in my shopping cart. I mentally smacked myself for buying that much junk food.

I could smell the chocolate from our seats as the young man brought over a generous slice of chocolate goodness on one plate and placed two forks in front of Sebastian. With a nod, he stepped away and let us devour this smothered chocolate sin in silence.

Pushing the plate away, we agreed that it was time to get going. We thanked Aunt Faye and the young man then graciously made our way out.

The temperature had dropped a good ten degrees and a chill overcame my whole body. I ran my hands up and down my arms in an attempt to warm myself, but it was no use, I was still freezing.

Sebastian took notice of my shivering body and gestured toward me, "May I?"

Nodding my head slightly, he engulfed my body in his and wrapped his arms around me. His body was like a space heater, and the warmth that radiated off of his skin was something I had never felt before. He almost felt feverish, so feverish that maybe he was sick.

"Why are you so hot?" I asked seriously.

"Well, I really don't know. I guess my parents are alright looking so they got a hot son?" He said in a joking manner.

I reached my hands up to my face to cover the giggles. "That's not what I meant, but good answer."

"Alpha Sebastian?" A large husky man interrupted, stalking toward us in long strides. Sebastian grabbed me by my arm and pushed me behind him, holding his arm to the side blocking the man from moving any closer to me.

"I'm here. Who is asking?" Sebastian questioned harshly.

"I am Beta Mason of the Riverton pack. My Alpha requests your presence at the 9:30 meeting tomorrow morning."

Sebastian pinched his fingers over the bridge of his nose and looked at his feet for a long moment.

I hesitantly placed my hand on his back and his body relaxed, all of his bunched up muscles releasing at the same time. He looked up, facing the Beta, "Let Alpha Jordan know that I will be there, thank you Beta Mason."

Standing on my tippy toes I attempted to reach so I could whisper in his ear, "What is a Beta?"

Instead of answering, he turned his head toward me and gave me a small smile.

"Thank you Alpha." the young man interrupted, bowing his head to him.