Chapter 18- Transformation

My mouth must have hit the floor as I sat in complete and utter shock. How could this even be possible? Out of all the people in Black Lace I had to find the only one who is a werewolf, or thought he was.

"Sebastian, that sounds a little crazy." I said, careful with my words not to piss him off.

This was a lot for me to digest and I wasn't sure I wanted to be a part of this. Not to mention I am a human, full blown human.

"Would you like to see with your own eyes since you don't believe me? We can stand on the patio and one of my men can change. It-"

"Wait, there's more than just you?" Confused now more than ever I rubbed my face in a sweeping motion and placed my cheek in my hand to calm my nerves.

For some odd reason I thought the protectors were there just to protect him, not because they were werewolves too. My head was starting to pound from all of the shock and my body was aching from the stress.

"Veronica, these men are part of my pack. This here is the pack house where all of the most important wolves from surrounding packs meet and my men come to train and gather for meetings. The Alpha's family lives here as well as the Beta's."

His words started a flooding effect in my brain and everything started piecing itself together a little at a time.

Taking a deep breath in I decided to jump in with both feet. "So you're the Alpha of the pack and Erik is your Beta?" I questioned hoping my answer would be correct.

It was like a weight was lifted off of Sebastian's shoulders as his face softened and his muscles released the tension they were harboring. Relaxed and calm he crouched between my legs with his hands on my knees.

"That is correct."

"And the protectors are your warriors?" I asked squinting my eyes, afraid of being wrong.

"Correct." He agreed again.

"Wait, don't you need a spouse to be an alpha?" I was stretching here because I honestly had no idea, just wanted to hear his answer.

A smile grew on his face as he leaned forward and kissed my forehead. The electric shocks were still fluttering through my body with his hands on my knees and now his lips on my skin.

"Let me show you, Veronica."

Pulling me up out of the chair we walked to the patio where I stood gazing at all the men still in the fighting ring. Sebastian didn't even speak a word before a protector came running to the bottom of the steps.

"Yes, Alpha?" The tall boy asked. He was no more than 20 years old, but looked to have been in charge of the others. His silky black hair was swept off to the side and his big brown eyes stared diligently at Sebastian.

"Noah, this is Veronica. I would like you to change for her, show her how it's done." He said in an ordered tone.

"Yes, Alpha." He bowed in agreement and walked to the center of the yard.

In a matter of seconds I saw Noah grabbing his body and yelling in pain. What was once his hands were replaced with long sharp claws with sprouts of hair. Watching in horror, his ears started elongating and pointing at the tips. Black hair began taking over his alabaster skin as his clothes ripped apart at the seams.

The sound of bones crunching and breaking made my stomach turn. His body twisted in the most inhuman ways as he continued to moan in pain. Being forced onto all fours his face now held a snout with glowing yellow eyes. His teeth sharp and deadly with drool sliding down its fur.