Chapter 22- Boiling Blood

The shower felt so refreshing pounding against my sore skin. Deciding against putting lotion on I slid my body into a simple t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. The pack doctor would probably have me taking my shirt off so I opted for a sports bra underneath.

Walking into the bedroom Sebastian laid still on the bed scrolling through his phone. His hair was messy from today's activities and his tethered shirt hung loosely on his frame. Even now I can't help but drool when I look at him.

"I just called for the pack doctor. She will be here in a few minutes." He breathed, still not taking his eyes off his phone.

Climbing into the bed next to him I rested my head on his chest. His heart was beating simultaneously with mine, each pound drawing me closer to zen.

Rolling onto his side he nestled his nose in my neck inhaling deeply, sending shock waves of pleasure through my body. Stroking my face with his thumb he began tracing my lips causing them to part.

It was at times like this that I begged for his lips to touch mine.  For the soft sensation to send my body into overload.

"I want you with me forever." He whispered. "Like this, in my arms."

Leaning closer I placed a gentle kiss on his lips. I wanted this man more than he knew. I wanted to tell him but the fear of rejection was more powerful than my feelings. I didn't know how to run a pack. Hell, I didn't even know how to be a girlfriend. The one thing I did know was I was unconditionally in love with him.

A knock on the door interrupted our moment, a moment of progression and possibly our future.

"Come in." Sebastian sighed, obviously annoyed at the timing.

"Let's see what we've got here shall we?" She let out, flipping her medical bag on the bed.

Dr. Ellen was a new doctor for the pack, and a good one at that. Her small frame made her look fragile but when she spoke, she was a feisty one.

"Take off your shirt please. Alpha said your ribs are pretty bad."

Swiping away the red curl that hung in her face she helped me take take off my shirt. The pain was bearable but lifting my arms up felt like a million needles were entering my skin at once.

Sebastian let out a low growl as I winced from the pain. His protective nature showing even when receiving help.

"How does it look?" I questioned, my head cocked to the side looking over my body with her.

"It's all pretty superficial. Take some Advil and rest. If the pain becomes worse we will take some images of your ribs. But for now I think you're good." She winked helping me back into my shirt.

As easy and quick as she came, she was gone leaving us in silence.

"If you were a werewolf they would be healing already." Sebastian said, breaking the ice.

"Could I be a werewolf, or become one?" I thought. But quickly shook the questions out of my head. There was still so much I didn't know or understand about all of this.

"Will you teach me how to be a Luna?" I asked, my eyes heavy from exhaustion.

Propping himself up on his elbows he ran his fingers through my hair. "I will teach you whatever you want my love."

Closing my eyes, images of Sebastian and I married danced in my head. The pack surrounding us, cheering for their new Luna.
Then the imagines began to spin, faster and faster until I finally allowed the darkness to consume me.

**
Waking up the in the middle of the night I was in agony. Movement was not an option as my body felt paralyzed. The pain coursing though my veins was enough to kill even the strongest of men. Beads of sweat rolled down my face as Sebastian wiped them away.

"Why does it hurt so bad?" I cried out.

Trying to comfort me I could see his hesitation. His eyes tired with bags underneath them, a shade darker then grey.

Another burst of boiling blood erupted inside me. "Make. it. go. away." I screamed in pain. My body jerking and shaking against my will.

Engulfing my body in his he held me close and rocked me back and forth. My vision going in and out, blur becoming a new normal.

The door slammed open as Erik and Noah busted through it. Their conversation with Sebastian muffled, "He's gone alpha. We have trackers on him now."

A growl filled the room as Sebastian felt my pain.

"Everyone out!" Ellen demanded, watching the scene unfolding before her eyes. "She has to be sedated, now go!" Her growl deeper than the rest.

Kissing my forehead he cupped my cheeks in his hands. "I love you, Veronica."

Another surge and my back arched, my eyes darting to the wall behind me. A mask was placed on my face and my tense muscles finally loosened.

"Am I going to die?" I asked Ellen through gritted teeth.

Sadness filling her face, her brown eyes looked deep into mine.

"I don't know."