Chapter 14- Sebastian POV

"Alpha, she is beyond pissed are you sure you want me to bring her to the pack house?" Erik mind linked, waiting for my answer.

"Erik, I don't care if you have to kidnap her, bring her to me." I growled, making my orders very clear.

"Yes, Alpha."

I had to try and make this right with Veronica, she was my mate, I couldn't walk away from her without trying my hardest to make her understand.

Pacing around the brightly lit office I settled at the fireplace mantel, rested my elbows on the thick wood and dropped my head into my hands. "What a mess."

If I had any luck in fixing this I would soon have my mate all to myself and the Black Lace Pack would finally have their Luna. Which reminded me that everyone needed to leave.

"Everyone in the pack house leave at once. This is not an option or a debate. I will let everyone know when it is time to return." I mind linked the pack. "Everyone else remain at your stations."

Without a peep the house started emptying one by one. Mates holding hands while they walked down the wooden patio steps and a pup following here and there made me smile.

I couldn't wait to have my own pup. Thoughts and imagines of a little one running around calling me Daddy made my heart melt.

Making my way out of the office and down the long gray hall I turned the corner to head into the kitchen.

Pulling a pitcher of lemonade out of the refrigerator the ice clinked against the glass making the liquid splash up over my hand. I quickly placed it on the table with two glasses and grabbed a vase full of flowers from the counter. Placing it neatly in the center of the table I stepped back to admire my quick work.

"Mate! Mate!" I heard my wolf say. "Our mate is coming."

The crackling of gravel told me that Veronica and Erik would be here in a few minutes. The road to the pack house was a long, uphill trek. Covering the brown dirt with gravel helps us hear any approaching car or intruder.

Walking to the front door, I pulled it open and stepped out into the fresh air. The scent of pine trees filled my nose and the sound of dropping acorns thumping against the ground filled my ears.

Turning my attention back to the road, Erik's Jeep finally made its way into sight. I could feel the anger and resentment Veronica was harboring and my wolf cried out in pain.

"She needs to know." I told myself and my wolf. "We tell her and let her decide what she wants to do, right?" Asking my wolf his opinion.

But before either of us could exchange words the passenger door swung open with such force it looked like it would fall off the car. Veronica stepped out, locked eyes with me and stomped the whole way until we were face to face.

"You have a lot of nerve sending your friend to my house and threatening to kidnap me if I didn't come willingly. What is wrong with you?" She asked in a raised tone, poking her index finger into my chest with each word.

"She is really hot when she is mad." I said to myself quietly. "Mmhmm." Agreed my wolf.

"Sebastian Cross, are you listening to me?"

She sexily crossed her arms across her chest and shifted her weight to her left hip as her foot pointed out the slightest bit. Waiting for my reply she raised her eyebrows in a questioning manner and just stared at me.

"I'm listening Veronica, I just can't help but bask in your beauty is all." I smiled sincerely, but noticed quickly that was the wrong thing to say.

Mid sentence she started fuming. If she was a cartoon character flames would be escaping her head and ears causing her head to literally explode.

Throwing her hands up along side of her head she took a big step backwards, "I'm done with whatever this is. You're a coward and I don't want someone like that in my life. You-"

I stopped her before she could finish her rant knowing this was going to result in a rejection if I didn't.

The only thing that came to mind was to kiss her, and that's exactly what I did.