Chapter 34- The Fight Begins

After leaving the Schooly Mountian pack I was exhausted. My once beautiful complexion was replaced with thick black soot that streaked across my face, and large under eye circles displaying the most awful color of purple.

My aching body was beginning to turn on me, giving a glimpse of arthritic pain I would eventually succumb to in old age. Attempting to rub some of the kinks out of my shoulders, Sebastian leaned his body against the door, and used his massive hands to rub.

"You were amazing out there today. Thank you for finding Noah and Rose."  He whispered over my shoulder.

Not wanting to ignore him I quietly answered, "You're welcome." As a yawn escaped my lips. I did not want to think about what I did, or who I helped, I wanted to just close my eyes and relax.

"Tomorrow we have to release the rogues."

"I know. Is everyone ready and know their parts?" I questioned, unsure if everyone was on board with our plan.

"Yes, so get as much sleep as possible. It will be a long day." He mumbled, trying his best to keep himself awake.

***

"The protectors from surrounding packs are on their way to line the outskirts of Black Lace, ready to alarm us if anyone attempts to cross the threshold. When finally in position, they will remain in their human form until the command is given to shift into their beast." Sebastian announced to the eagerly waiting men.

"Surrounding the pack house will be our Protectors, already in their wolf form and ready to fight.Tessa removed all of the women and children, and settled them into the underground panic room in a nearby town. Mitchell gathered the halflings, placing four around the women, half around the center of the town, and the remaining here with us." I concluded, looking around making sure everyone was on the same page.

"If there are no questions, you are dismissed." Sebastian's voice boomed.

As the men scattered about, Noah retrieved the rogues from the basement and placed a chain in the palm of my hands. "We will follow you." He smiled.

Building up the courage to step foot outside, I placed one foot in front of the other, standing as tall as my body allowed.

Walking out to the front of the house with Cade and the others in tow, I pulled the chain that was wrapped around his waist to speed up his walking. For a rogue werewolf he walked extremely slow, almost as if he was counting each step he took, delaying the process.

"Don't return me to Mo- Miranda, Veronica. You know we were meant to be together." He whined with a sad smile, hoping I would soften up on him.

"Did you not get the memo that Sebastian marked her already?" Erik laughed, exposing his perfect, pearly white teeth. "You have the wolfsbane right, don't be afraid to use it on this one." He joked to the protector on his right, tapping his temple with his index finger. "He's a smart one."

Ignoring Erik's childishness, Sebastian walked up along side of me and placed a hand on my lower back. Turning and looking up at him, I could see his face was stern, as he continued to face forward and walked at a steady pace.

"What's wrong?" I mind linked, knowing he wasn't stupid enough to speak out loud with Cade so close.

"She's already here, and she has company."

By those words I knew exactly who he meant.

Allen.