Chapter 36- You're On Bitch

SEBASTIAN'S POV 

The feeling of dread finally lifted off of my shoulders the moment I heard her scream. Rising up, I scanned the field, searching for Veronica. Catching a glimpse of her legs kicking wildly underneath a mass of fur, I ran to her, knocking over whoever was in my path.

Driving my head into the side of the wolf, he went crashing to the ground, Veronica finally free to get up. She took a deep breath in, wheezing as the air barely squeezed through her mouth and into her lungs. Gazing upon her, her eyes were white, like all of the blue was drained from her irises, and a milky cloud blanketed her vision.

"What the hell?"

Coming back around the rogues head connected with mine, making my legs wobbly, until I  knocked us both down. Scrambling back onto my feet, I kicked the loose dirt up into the air and into the eyes of the beast. He pawed at his eyes, as I lunged forward biting at his still stable leg.

Our heads circled each other as we each tried to bite at the others neck. Stumbling on our feet, we continued to slap and jab, rolling together in the grass until he stood over me. I swiftly kicked my back legs, sending him backwards, but still he landed on his feet.

The force of its body landing on the ground made the earth shake, and the power of its growl sent waves through the air.

"Damn fool just doesn't give up." I snickered to myself, enjoying every moment of pain I inflicted onto his weak frame.

Standing on her own two feet, Veronica raised a gun she had taken out of her belt and shot into the back of the wolf. The silver bullet burrowing deep inside. He whimpered and slowed down, but didn't stop. Not until my fangs finally sunk into his throat, ripping its windpipe from its body.

"Awe, what an adoring couple." Miranda sang, still in her human form, sauntering her way over to us. "Both of you working together like a great Alpha and Luna."

Veronica POV

Walking around Sebastian, I stood in front of her. She was untouched, like she hid when the fight broke out.

"What's the matter, afraid you'll have your throat ripped out if you turn into your wolf?" I snorted.

"Oh no, my child. See, I'm still in human form because I plan to fight you like a real woman. One on one. Hand to hand."

I didn't know if this woman was simply stupid, or if she had something up her sleeve. Looking at Sebastian he shook his head no, a clear indication he wanted me to decline her invitation. But instead I ignored his gesture and walked closer to her. Her face mere inches from my own.

"You're on bitch." I smiled, putting my hands up to fight.

"Veronica, don't be stupid. Just because she wants to fight you in human form doesn't mean she isn't still stronger and more powerful than you." Sebastian's words rang true in my head, but I wasn't going to go down without a fight, especially up against Miranda.

I knew her weakness, Cade. I knew her strength, she is a wolf. The only thing I didn't know was her fighting skills in human form, and I was just about to find out. Only this time she would have rules to follow, demands that must be met.

"You will solely use your human form to fight. No super strength, speed, anything that renders you more than a human. We want this fight to be fair, don't we?" I spat.