Chapter 50- The Cloak

"We've got company." Tessa sang as she poked me in the ribs with her bony elbow. "And isn't he just delicious?"

Tessa wasn't subtle in the least bit. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire whole pack heard her impure comment.

Turning my attention to the area Tessa was gawking at, I observed a man standing in the middle of the field. Watching him from a distance, he slowly stretched his arms out and directed the palm of his hands up to the sky. Almost instantaneously, orbs started dancing on his fingertips, showcasing a rainbow of colors.

"Who is that and what the hell is he doing?" I asked, confused by his mere presence at the pack house. Whoever he was, he surely had a death wish.

Without warning he was surrounded by the protectors, each of them growling and scratching their claws into the dirt ready to strike.

Instead of fearing them, he simply dismissed their forewarning to leave the grounds and continued rolling the orbs along his hands.

"Oh, pipe down you mangy mutts. No need to get your tails in a knot. I'm not here to fight you disgusting beasts, I'm here to claim what is mine and bring her home with me." He snorted.

I could see the uneasiness of the wolves as their ears started twitched back and forth. They were talking to one another, planning their next move.

"Oh princess, time to go home." He said in a pitchy tone.

I leaned into Tessa and carefully whispered into her ear. "Who is he talking to?"

Tessa looked at me confused and shrugged her shoulders. For once she actually appeared to be as clueless as I was.

Stepping out into the clearing, I decided to take charge. "State your business." I demanded confidently, even though my insides were shaking like crazy.

"Babycakes, there you are. I've missed you. Come to me and I will take you home." He insisted.

I turned around and searched the area behind me to see who he was speaking to. The only one standing beside me was Tessa.

"Who are you looking for?" I questioned.

Trying to get a good look at his face, I took a step closer to him. Unfortunately, that was of no use since a large black shadow was cast over his face, blocking every feature that would help identify who he was.

"I'm looking for you. I have to admit, I'm a little hurt that you have forgotten me already."

I took a few steps backwards before answering him. "I think you have the wrong pack, sir. I do not know you. We do not know you."

"Come." He said, holding his hand out to me.

I shook my head no, contemplating making a run for the pack house, but it would be of no use. He would catch me before I even made it half way across the field.

"Don't be afraid. The darkness will welcome you, soothe your pain and turn it into pure bliss. You-"

"You need to leave." I interrupted, "You do not belong here. And I am sure as hell not your baby cakes."