Chapter 52- Destroyed

Stomping around the pack house looking for Sebastian turned out to be more of a chore than I had imagined. I expected to find him in his office knee-deep in paperwork, but all I found was a perfectly kept room completely empty of any living being.

Finding my way to the kitchen I sat down at the table and continued to think about where he would be. My only guess was he was out running, enjoying his wolf being back.

I needed to get to my house anyway and open some windows. I'm sure it probably smelled musty and was filled with cobwebs and dust.

Directing my attention away from Sebastian I mind linked the pack. "Would anyone do me the honors of driving me home?"

"I will," A raspy voice answered. "Meet me out front in 5."

I knew immediately that the voice belonged to Abigail. It was actually going to be quite nice to see her since it had been a while. I had some questions I wanted to ask her too.

Rushing back upstairs to grab my shoes, the sound of loud yelling caught my attention. Searching for the cause of the sounds, I placed my ear up against one of the closed doors and could hear the mumbling of two male voices.

I was a little taken back by their decision to have a heated disagreement outside of the office. I was told by Sebastian that was the only room in the house that was sound proof.

Hearing the creaking of the door handle, the door cracked open the smallest bit allowing the booming voices to fill the hall.

"Just get it done. I'm not going to deal with these stupid creatures encroaching on our land, taking our women, and eradicating the werewolf existence. And find out why they are now coming around after 300 years of keeping to themselves." Travis barked as I quickly ran to my room and slid through the door.

Who was he talking about and why was Mr. Cross giving orders? I thought that was Sebastian and Erik's department. I made a mental note to ask Sebastian as soon as I was done choking him.

"Are you coming or am I just going to stand here and look pretty?" Abigail asked in an irritated tone. She wasn't one for waiting.

"I'm coming. I just got sidetracked. I'll be down in a minute." I promised, closing the mind link. I didn't want to hear anyone else in my head, my scattered thoughts alone made me feel dangerous.

Slipping my feet into my zebra print flip-flops, I headed back down the stairs and out the door to a waiting Abigail.

Her long black hair was tied up tightly on her head and her worn black dress was dragging along the dirt. Gaining closer to her, she turned toward me and gave me a small smile.

"Well aren't we looking damper today." She breathed.

"It's nice to see you too. Did you enjoy your vacation you forgot to tell everyone you went on?" I snapped back, still a little sour with the fact she disappeared for a few days.

"I was with a neighboring pack." She said quietly. Her evasive attitude warning me not to ask any questions, so I continued on and slipped into the passenger seat.

The car ride was quiet, but I enjoyed the silence. It gave me time to zone everything out and enjoy the view of the massive forest. In a matter of minutes we would be arriving at my house.