CHAPTER ONE.

Kim Namjoon is not having a good day.

He leans back against the chair and groans when his tense shoulders protest the movement. He crosses his long legs in front of him and presses his palms against his temples, willing the headache to go away. Namjoon swears that he can still hear the other man's shrill voice ringing in his head. Closing his eyes, Namjoon tries to grab some shut eye in a feeble attempt to keep himself from throwing something against a wall, but his bad day becomes worse when someone barges straight into his office. It's Hoseok.

"You better have a damn good reason for just barging in like that," Namjoon all but bears his teeth threateningly as he growls at the intrusion.

Hoseok only laughs, because the little shit is never intimidated by Namjoon (which is quite a feat considering just about everyone feared Namjoon one way or another). "Maybe. But either way, I thought you might want to know about the little drama going downstairs," he answers flippantly, his lips stretched into an amused smile.

Namjoon groans and gets off the chair in a single, swift movement. His brows furrow slightly at the small speck of dust on his otherwise pristine suit and he brushes it off delicately before letting Hoseok lead him outside. His entire body can feel the heavy bass ringing through the building as soon as he's out the door. He walks up to the glass wall and glances down, hands still shoved into his pockets. He can already make out the small group of people gathered towards the center of the bar.

"If it's a drunken brawl, why isn't Jungkook dealing with it?" Namjoon asks in annoyance, referring to their resident bouncer.

"'Cause it's not a brawl," Hoseok answers with an amused twinkle in his eyes, standing next to his boss.

"Then what the hell is it. I don't have time for this shit."

"You seemed to have all the time in the world taking a little nap in your little office," the other man counters with a cheeky grin and shrugs when Namjoon shoots him a pointed look. "Fine, fine. Seems like one of them was caught cheating and it's like...I don't even know what to call it. But two of them were yelling at each other and then the kid started balling his eyes out. Now everyone's just watching him."

"When you say kid, you better not mean an actual kid. I don't need this establishment getting busted by the police," Namjoon hisses out, glaring at the smaller man. Hoseok laughs and then shakes his head.

"You know we card everyone. I'm sure he's legal, but man, he looks like a little kid nonetheless."

"Why did you even call me out? You could've taken care of this on your own."

"But what's more attention grabbing than you making an appearance?" the smiling man says with a sly grin with a wink. Namjoon wants to strangle the other man but instead chooses to just get this done and over with, because he really needs to return to the safe confines of his office without Hoseok on his ass about it.

Namjoon stands upright, straightens his jacket and swiftly makes his way towards the staircase leading to the bar. He sees Jungkook standing awkwardly next to the crowd of people and Seokjin watching from behind the bar, an empty glass hanging loosely in his hands. Namjoon, with one hand in his pocket and another brushing back his platinum blond hair back, approaches the crowd. One of the people spots him and then slaps the person next to him, all the while pointing not so indiscreetly at the bar owner.