CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.

"What in the...Namjoon, what the hell happened to you?" Seokjin asks the moment he sets his eyes on Namjoon, who is trudging out of his "assigned" bedroom. The bartender, being the first one up, is out in the living room, playing with his phone while waiting for others to get up.

"...Why."

"Did you get any sleep at all?" the other man questions, narrowing his eyes to get a better look. He pulls himself into a sitting position and then flashes the bar owner a knowing grin, the game long forgotten before him. "Well, well, well...are you telling me that Kim Namjoon lost sleep because a certain someone was lying besides him?"

"I didn't say anything."

"You don't have to."

"Jin...cut it out. It's not like that."

"What's not like what?" Seokjin asks gleefully, crossing his legs in front of him. Namjoon only shoots him a pointed look before marching into the kitchen to grab himself a glass of water. The lack of sleep is somehow really taking a toll on his body, and he knows for a fact that he's going to regret it real soon. He should've just kicked Jungkook off the couch and slept on it. Hell, he could've slept on the floor and probably would be in better state.

"Joon, do you want to take the bed with Taehyung and Jungkook? Or I can just wake them up and you can catch some shut eye," Seokjin offers, taking pity on the poor soul standing in the kitchen. All teasing aside, Namjoon does look extremely fatigued, and he suddenly feels bad about letting this happen. Not that he knew this was going to happen. Hell, how was he supposed to know that the great Kim Namjoon would ever lose sleep because he's sleeping next to one of his employees...

"I'll just take a nap later," Namjoon answers gruffly before taking a long swig of his water. He himself isn't sure why he was on edge the entire night. A part of him kept anticipating Jimin's "Oh my god! What are you doing here!" which definitely played a role in preventing sleep from taking over, but it was more so that Jimin's soft snoring was too loud against his ears..the heat radiating from Jimin's body too warm for him. Logically, Jimin being a near-silent sleeper should've aided in his catching some quality shut eye, but something about the dead silence of the room and the sound of Jimin's breathing made it impossible for him to rest.

"Joon, want to sit here for a minute?" Seokjin asks, tapping the space besides him on the couch. Namjoon throws the other man a wary glance before obliging anyway. He drags his feet against the wooden floor beneath him and plants himself right on the furniture.

"So," Seokjin begins casually, leaning against the arm rest. "Let's not kid ourselves here. What exactly is going on between you and Jimin?"

"Jin-"

"I'm not here to be some stern dad about it. I'm just asking, as a friend," the bartender interrupts with a hand up. "I can't care less who you date or sleep with. You know that."

Namjoon says nothing as he chooses to stare at the blank screen of the TV in front of him.

"I've seen you fuck a different man every day during that phase you went through a couple years back," Seokjin continues in a light tone. "And I didn't care because I knew you wouldn't do anything to get yourself in trouble. I know you can take care of yourself just fine."

"Then why are you asking about Jimin?"

"I dunno. It's different," Seokjin answers with a shrug. "And OK I'll say it. It piqued my interest. I'm curious. That's all."