CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.

Luckily, the two were able to leave the doctor's officer with a "nothing to worry about." The doctor does offer to write prescription for some painkillers if he'd like, but Jimin politely turns it down, saying that it's not bothering him all that much (which is a lie, because it hurts like hell, especially when he's trying to brush his teeth).

"See, I told you it's not a big deal!" Jimin says with a small grin that doesn't put too much strain on his face and Namjoon counters it with a light-hearted "better safe than sorry." The two walk in comfortable silence, just taking in the brisk outside air and the soft background noise passerbys provide.

"Would you like some ice cream?" Namjoon asks softly, drawing a rather curious look from the other man. "I think I owe you at least ice cream after punching you in the face." To this, Jimin actually lets out a small laugh.

"That was an accident!"

"Still doesn't change the fact that there is a huge bruise on your face."

"I think it's kinda cool. Makes me look badass, you know?" Jimin jokes, sticking his chest out playfully. Namjoon doesn't vocalize how the other doesn't look at all intimidating and instead chooses to just laugh besides the smaller man.

"Well, I'm still getting you ice cream. If you want, that is. Maybe it will numb the pain," he offers again and pretends to not notice the way Jimin's face lights up at the suggestion.

"Ok...well, since you're offering," Jimin replies with a sheepish grin, and the two end up in the first ice cream shop they find. The place isn't all that crowded. Just a couple sitting at the farthest table, talking about what they are going to do for the rest of the day. They aren't all that surprised to find the place mostly empty. After all, it's quickly approaching winter, and ice cream isn't usually on people's mind at this time of year.

"What would you like?" Namjoon asks, his eyes fixed on the colorful array of ice cream presented before him. He himself isn't big on sweets, but he figures he will take a scoop for himself as well. After making their orders and grabbing a cup each, Namjoon follows Jimin to a small round table that is colored in an almost embarrassing shade of pink.

"Jimin, are you OK?'

"Huh? Yeah, I told you. The bruise should be gone in a-"

"No, Jimin. I meant about...your date," Namjoon voices the question which had been on his mind since the party. Normally, he wouldn't bother with other people's romantic affairs, but he can't help but feel guilty about the "break-up."

"Oh..." Jimin lets out and then stabs his ice cream a couple times with the plastic spoon in his hand. Namjoon watches silently, his own dessert forgotten as he braces himself for some kind of a horrible news, because suddenly, Jimin looks absolutely heart-broken, more so than he had been last night.

"He didn't even call me," the smaller man continues after a stretch of silence. "After what happened, I mean."

Namjoon grits his teeth and distracts himself by shoving a spoonful of his ice cream into his mouth. He doesn't even register what it tastes like as he waits for the other to continue.

"Which is kinda good, I guess," the smaller man continues quietly, his shoulders slumping. "I wasn't sure how I was going to tell him I wasn't going to see him again anyway."