CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.

By the time Namjoon is back downstairs, ready to just go home and hopely pass out in his bed and forget the day ever happened, he finds Jimin standing idly by the speakers, playing with the phone in his hands. Jimin looks up when he hears the footsteps and rushes towards the taller man.

"Jimin, why are you still here?" Namjoon asks, doing his best to not let his fatigue show.

"I was waiting for you!"

"....Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about something, but....Oh, I'm sorry. You look tired. We can talk about it some other time," Jimin apologizes once he really takes in the state the other man is in. Namjoon however shakes his head and puts on a (hopefully) reassuring smile.

"...It's fine. Just a lot of computer work. What is it?"

"Remember the guy I had a crush in high school?" Jimin begins, perking up as he starts talking about Mingyu. Namjoon does his best to seem unaffected as he listens to Jimin's words, although he wants nothing more than to just...walk away.

"...Yeah."

"I saw him at the bar today. Can you believe it? All those years, I was pining after him thinking that I was an idiot for falling for a straight boy and he's gay!"

"I see."

"And he remembers me! We exchanged numbers and he just texted saying that we should definitely hang out sometime next week," Jimin continues and then bites his lower lip, his cheeks tinged pink, and Namjoon, despite his efforts to not notice, can't help but see how excited and happy the smaller man seems with the idea of spending time with this crush.

"....."

"And I'm kinda nervous again. I thought I was completely over him, because I haven't seen him for so long, but...it was crazy! Do you think I have a chance with him? Should I just go for it this time? Since I know he's gay now?" Jimin looks hopeful. An expression Namjoon had been hoping not to see in association with this said crush ever since Jin decided to barge into his office.

"....."

"You're always telling me that I should be more confident. So should I?" Jimin asks, looking equal parts shy and eager, like a puppy waiting for a praise or a pet on the head, and Namjoon knows that he doesn't have a choice but to say what Jimin wants to hear. No matter how much he doesn't want to say the words.

"...Yes, you should. If you want, that is."

"I do. I think I really do. You'll help me, right?"

"...Of course," Namjoon answers, and he hopes that his smile is as convincing as he's forcing it to be. Because right now, it hurts to smile, and he's not stupid or delusional enough to think that it's the fatigue.

"OK good, thank you. Gosh, I dunno why but I just had to tell you and ask for your advice. OK, I'll let you be now! I'll see you tomorrow boss!" Jimin finishes with a genuinely excited smile before bouncing out of the building.

And Namjoon remains where he's been standing, suddenly unsure of where to go.

-