CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.

The day of the retreat comes a lot quicker than Jimin had anticipated. He had been quite excited about the entire trip, since he can't even really remember the last time he had been on one with people he actually enjoyed spending time with. Taehyung and Jungkook were clearly not morning people, both looking equally tired and lazy as they doze off next to their luggage. Namjoon, unlike his usual attire, is wearing a plain tee and a pair of dark washed jeans, and Jimin can't help but marvel in how different and casual the man looks today.

"OK, so two cars," Hoseok announces once everyone is gathered inside the brightly lit bar. "Boss man and I'm driving. Split, 3 and 4. I'm taking 4."

"I'm guessing you're calling dibs on Yoongi," Taehyung says with a roll of his eyes, and the manager flashes everyone a cheeky grin before slinging an arm around the DJ. Yoongi does throw the other man a pointed look but doesn't necessarily protest the moment, instead choosing to focus on his phone.

"Bar boys, you want to get in my car?" Hoseok asks, pointing at both Taehyung and Seokjin with his chin. The two bartenders glance at each, and then at Jimin and then the bar owner before glancing at each other again and simultaneously answering "yes." Jungkook, on the other hand gives the two a look that reads "!!!!!", his mouth gaping like a fish as makes vague motions with his facial muscles.

"Well, I guess that leaves Jimin and Jungkook with the boss," Hoseok finalizes, ignoring the bodyguard screaming silently at him.

"I hate you. I fucking hate all of you," Jungkook continues to mouth, this time to the bartenders, and they just laugh at him. "I can't believe you're making me third wheel this entire car ride. Fuck you guys."

"Tough titties, get in the car," Seokjin commands with a flip of a hand, and the four taking Hoseok's car exit the building first, leaving the bar owner, oblivious Jimin and distraught Jungkook picking up their own luggage before exiting the venue as well.

"How far is your summer home?" Jimin asks, walking besides Namjoon towards the man's car.

"About three hours drive, but we'll probably stop by here and there for snacks and rest, so I'd say about four hours until we arrive there."

"Wow, it's so cool you have a summer home! It must be so nice to have one."

"It's nothing special...plus I only use the place twice a year."

"Still. And it's really nice of you to invite everyone over," Jimin continues with a big smile, and Namjoon clears his throat before unlocking his car.

"I'll take the back seat. Jimin, you should sit in the front next to boss man," Jungkook suggests, needing to just stick the two together and take up space for himself, because there is no way in hell that he's going to become an active participant in their convoluted I'm-probably-attracted-to-you-but-let's-not-think-about-it bullshit. No thank you.

-

"This place is beautiful!" Jimin lets out as soon as he gets out the car and takes in the summer home. It's a lot more modern than the man had expected, but there is enough detail alive to give it a more earthy feel. The interior is simple, as expected of Namjoon, but unlike his apartment which is spotless and almost aristocratic in its flare, the summer home is decorated with faux fur rugs, books, a fireplace with ashes still inside.