CHAPTER FIFTY ONE.

Mingyu does come to the bar again. This time, he's with a string of people, and both bartenders recognize one of them immediately. The man had shamelessly and aggressively tried to get into Taehyung's pants while intoxicated, and Jungkook had to basically drag the man outside. He had put up quite a fight, screaming all sorts of profanities at the bouncer and actually even throwing a couple of sloppy punches, and for the first time in probably forever, Jungkook had to physically throw the man down onto the pavement. Considering how the man's been coming back at least once a month, they get the feeling that he probably doesn't remember much of the incident.

"Hey, I didn't know you're coming," Jimin greets, glancing at the four other men standing next to Mingyu. They are all watching him curiously with raised eyebrows, as if asking themselves why one of Bulletproof's employees is speaking to their friend.

"We weren't planning on it," Mingyu answers with a smile, draping an arm around Jimin's shoulders. "But this guy," he continues, tapping the tall man standing next to him with his fist. "just got himself a job and we thought we'd celebrate."

"Oh, that's great! Congratulations," Jimin says, trying to not be intimidated by the steady gaze of the said man.

"Thanks. So you're the one my boy's been talking about?" the man starts finally with a toothy grin, and Jimin's not sure why, but he's a bit surprised to find out that they know about him. "Shit, Kim Mingyu, dating someone from Bulletproof? Well done," he continues, and Jimin picks up on the slight slur in the other man's voice, but he can't quite tell if the man's tipsy or that's just the way he speaks.

The men eventually get settled at one of the tables, eager to get wasted. They're downing shots and ordering bottles immediately, and Jimin watches the crowd warily, wondering just how drunk they are planning on becoming. Mingyu and his friends alike ask Jimin to join, but he declines the offer politely, feeling rather uncomfortable around the rowdy bunch. Yet, by the fifth time, Jimin is running out of excuses and finds himself sitting between Mingyu and another man who's been quite persistent about Jimin joining them.

Jimin sips at some ice water he's managed to get from Seokjin as he listens to Mingyu's friends talk about their recent flings and who they would fuck in a heartbeat. He's gotten sort of used to all this talk about sex and whatnot from spending so much time with the people working at Bulletproof, but this was different. It was uncomfortable. He didn't know anything about them. Couldn't tell if all the lewd comments were meant to be light-hearted locker-room talk or something significantly more sinister.

So Jimin tries to excuse himself, ready to tell them he should really get back to working, but then one of the men, the one who's been glancing at him contemplatively the entire night, suddenly slams the table with eyes wide open and then points right at Jimin.

"Hey, you're the guy that had a thing with Kim Namjoon, right?" the man basically screams over the loud music, and the entire table goes silent. Jimin inhales sharply and the opens his mouth to deny it, except the man sitting next to Mingyu claps his hands with a loud "Ah!"

"I remember now! Man, I remember people going insane because Kim Namjoon had finally staked claim on someone, and shit, that was you!"

"Oh, no, that's not-" Jimin starts, putting both his hands up. He doesn't miss the way Mingyu is now watching him with brows furrowed, and Jimin is overcome with a nauseating sensation at the realization that things are about to go so wrong so quickly.

"Oh shit, so I'm right," the one responsible for the initial outburst interrupts with an almost shark-like grin. "How did you manage to do that? That guy can't keep his dick in one person for more than a few hours."