CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

Jimin almost chokes on his own saliva. He'd forgotten about how this date came to happen in the first place. Namjoon's addressed this issue before and had instructed him to say that Namjoon and he are not exclusive. Apparently, that was supposed to bring all the boys to the yard, and while Jimin doesn't see the appeal of going for someone in a non-monogomous relationship, he figures Namjoon knows what he's doing.

"Just since working there," Jimin answers instead, omitting information about how the two really first met each other. It's an embarrassing story and he'd rather not share that piece of information.

"I see...and what's going on between you two? If you don't mind me asking."

"We're not exclusive," Jimin answers, almost robotically, hoping that he's doing it right. He gauges for any kind of reaction and then relaxes when the corners of Jaebum's lips turn upward at the piece of information.

Just then, their beers arrive, and Jimin sighs in relief at the interruption. If Jaebum were to ask any more questions, he wouldn't know how to answer them, so he quickly takes a sip and comments on how nice it is. Yes, beer, he can talk about beer without being weird.

"Do you drink a lot of beer?" Jimin asks and inwardly cringes at the question. That was not a very sexy or witty question...

"Sometimes. Vodka, whisky and wine are all nice, but I think I'm more of a beer kind of guy. You?"

"I'm cool with anything. I'm just not very good at drinking."

"Light-weight? Didn't really peg you as one," Jaebum muses before taking a long swig for himself. Jimin wants to ask if it's a bad thing, but he keeps his mouth shut. He's going to have to ask Namjoon later.

"You have a lot of tattoos. Are they real?" Jimin asks instead, pointing vaguely at the other man's arm.

"Oh these? Yup. All real. Started inking since I was 18."

"How many do you have?"

"I don't even know anymore...but you can see all of them later," Jaebum answers with a sultry grin, his voice practically dripping with invitation. Jimin, however, only nods, thinking how nice of Jaebum to volunteer to show them all. He had always been fascinated by tattoos but too much of a chicken to get them himself.

Jaebum, on the other hand, raises an eyebrow. For some reason, he had expected Jimin to play harder to get. Afterall, this is the same man who's captured the attention of King Gay himself, so there must be something else going on beneath the innocent smile and blinking. Jaebum smirks. Interesting, he thinks. Does Jimin think he's not even worth the effort of playing coy?

Game on, Jaebum thinks. Kim Namjoon's got nothing on him.

-

"I miss Jiminie," Taehyung whines as he drapes his body over the counter, squishing his right cheek against the cold surface.

"He's gone for just today, what's wrong with you?" Yoongi quips as he takes a glass of water from Seokjin. He hadn't gotten much opportunity to speak to Jimin, mostly because when he's not busy DJing, he's hiding somewhere catching shut eye, but from what he's seen and heard, the man seems like a decent human being, and that's all he needs to know to not hate him.