CHAPTER FORTY TWO.

The first thing both Namjoon and Jimin notice as soon as they push past the main door is snow. The usual dull grey pavement roads and pavement are covered in pure white, with snowflakes continuously falling with the night sky as their backdrop.

"Oh wow, I didn't realize it was snowing this much," Jimin murmurs as he steps out into the road and pushes his hands out to catch some of the flakes. "Oh, I should take a picture," he continues, quickly pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"What for?" Namjoon asks quietly as he makes sure the door behind him is locked. Normally, Itaewon is quite loud at any time of the day, no matter how late or how early, yet right now, everything is so quiet. Almost eerily silent to the point that he can pick up the sound of Jimin's shoes dipping into fresh snow.

"I don't get to see untouched snow much. I never wake up early enough to see it and usually by the time I get off work, people's been stepping all over it. And last time, I was too distracted by the snowball fight to take one," the smaller man explains, his eyes fixed on the small screen in front of him. "Wow, everything looks so pretty under that light," he muses, glancing at the streetlamp located only a few feet away from him.

Namjoon says nothing as he watches, taking in the way Jimin continues to take photos after photos in an attempt to best capture the beauty surrounding them. He can't quite recall the last time he had actually stopped to appreciate something as simple as fresh snow. Snow wasn't all that rare in Korea. In fact, it's grown more of a nuisance to people with the bad reputation it had built with the unappealing sludge it leaves behind.

But Jimin. Jimin seems genuinely happy to be a part of it, judging from the way that he's now looking around himself with his phone back in his pocket.

"I just realized," Jimin begins with a soft smile, his eyes now aimed at the sky above him. A Few snowflakes land on his face, and he wrinkles his face before breaking out into an even bigger smile. "I've never seen first snow with a boyfriend."

Namjoon tilts his head to the side in question, wondering where the other man is going with this.

"You know how they say if you see the first snow of the year with someone you love, you will be together forever?"

"Ah...Yes, I think I've heard of it," Namjoon replies, vaguely recalling one of his flings telling him that. In all honesty, he's never bought into such bullshit, but strangely and inexplicably, right this moment, as he stands next to Jimin with snow falling on them, a small part of him wants to believe it.

Well technically, they're not together, so the myth wouldn't apply either way but still..

"Do you know about one with walking down the stonewall way of the Deoksu Palace?" Jimin asks, finally turning to look at Namjoon.

"Is that for couples too?"

"Apparently couples are supposed to avoid it. There's like this whole story behind it from like hundreds of years ago, but I forgot."

Namjoon listens in silence and then leans back when Jimin leans towards him. The smaller man's eyes are scanning his face, and the bar owner wonders if there is anything embarrassing on his face.

"And they say a mole by your lips means you're a player," Jimin continues with a toothy grin and then points at the spot right under the other man's lips. "But you have it here instead, so I guess you dodged a bullet with that one."