CHAPTER FORTY FOUR.

"We're almost done," Hoseok announces as he scans the bar and takes in the red, gold and green decorations hung around the vicinity. "Just the mistletoes left," he continues, wiggling the box in his hands. Jimin perks up and bounces towards the other man, his arms outstretched.

"Can I hang them?"

"Yeah, sure," Hoseok says with a shrug, handing the white box to the other man. "Just make sure you don't put em in dark corners, the bathroom or anywhere near th bathroom. Trust me on this."

"...Oh."

"Anywhere else is fine."

"OK. So, no dark corners, the bathroom or anywhere near it. Got it."

"Yup. Knock yourself out!"

Jimin chuckles to himself and then opens the box eagerly, revealing three mistletoes with red ribbons tied on top of it. He knows it's bar tradition to have people kiss under it, and he's strangely excited about the prospect of single people coming together or couples kissing under it. It's cute. It's sweet.

"Don't put that in the bathroom," Taehyung comments idly as he passes by Jimin, and the smaller man looks up with a tilt of his head.

"Yeah, Hoseok just told me that. Why though?"

"Kissing leads to things. Unspeakable things when people are drunk and horny. Last time we did that, all the stalls were occupied for a very long time and people were just throwing up and pissi-"

"OK. I think I got it," Jimin interrupts, making a face. He really doesn't want the whole fantasy shattered by the story.

"So, is your man coming too?"

"My- oh, Mingyu?"

"Yeah."

"No...he won't be able to make it."

"...But it's Christmas. I thought you guys were-"

Just then, Seokjin calls for Taehyung, and the bartender rushes off with a quick "have fun with the mistletoe!" Jimin watches the man rush away omentarily before looking back at the mistletoes in the box.

-

It's finally Christmas day.

Bulletproof is packed pretty much as soon as the doors are open to its patrons. Jimin looks rather proud that the tree is garnering so much attention and looks even prouder when some of the patrons compliment his bartending skills. Namjoon, despite his original plan to stay away from seeing Jimin with another man, does end up coming down to the floor to "enjoy" the party. He spots Jimin immediately, who is laughing alongside Taehyung and Hoseok and wearing the same red Santa hat all other staff members are doning on their heads.

The bar owner instinctively scans the vicinity for signs of Mingyu, knowing that the man must be around somewhere. Jimin had been more than excited about the idea of spending Christmas with his boyfriend, yet he can't seem to pinpoint the man anywhere.

Figuring that he must be running late to the party, Namjoon makes his way towards the trio, doing his best to ignore how Taehyung is now dry humping Seokjin to the beat of a goddamn Christmas carol (Jingle Bells has now forever been ruined).