CHAPTER TWELVE.

Namjoon can't believe he's standing in Jimin's tiny apartment, waiting for the smaller man to finish getting changed. Jimin had begged for him to pick out an appropriate outfit for him to wear for his date tonight, and while Namjoon had brushed it off with a simple "just look it up online" and a "you can't go wrong with black and white," Jimin refused to settle for anything less than the official King Gay's Seal of Approval. Namjoon groans as he stretches his legs in front of him. He could be spending this time doing something a lot more productive (sleeping), but here he is...

Jimin's apartment is basically the size of his bedroom. It's a bit of a chaos, with books, CDs, clothes and towels thrown all over the place, and Namjoon can't help but make a face at all the takeout boxes piling up in the kitchen. He was sort of under the impression that Jimin must be borderlining OCD by how diligently he worked at the bar, but boy, was he wrong. Jimin was like any other male college student, and the thought comes as a bit of a surprise for him (especially since Jimin's view on relationship isn't that different from that of a teenage girl).

"Do I look OK?" Jimin asks, finally walking out of his room wearing a white tee, a pale, grey-washed denim jacket and a pair of black jeans. Namjoon does a quick do-over and nods his approval. He had picked them specifically out of Jimin's closet (which was also a horrible mess), because Jimin had initially wanted to go in a bright, nearly blinding, red hoodie. Good thing he came and chose for the smaller man instead.

"OK, whew, good," Jimin breathes out, finally letting his shoulders relax. "I think I'm getting nervous again," he continues, scratching at his own neck. Namjoon sighs and motions for the smaller man to sit next to him.

"Don't be. He should be the one that's nervous. He's the one that asked you out on this date."

"I know..." Jimin whines, jutting his lower lip out as he sits next to the bar owner.

"Just remember what we practiced. Don't try to add a paragraph of explanation behind everything you say and you should be fine."

"Hope so. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Don't you have a date to go to? I thought you always have dates."

Namjoon peers over at the smaller man, who's watching him with a twinkle of curiosity in his eyes. The bar owner doesn't think that whatever he does with other men counts as a date, because they're really not. Sometimes, they would skip dinner and wine altogether and go straight to fucking until the other party is an incoherent mess. Sometimes, they would grab dinner just for show, because Namjoon doesn't mind "spoiling" his one-night stands.

"Not always," Namjoon answers simply instead, choosing not to elaborate on his sexual life.

"You're so lucky..." Jimin begins with a huff, draping his body over Namjoon's lap. The bar owner raises an eyebrow at the sudden display of physical touch but doesn't comment on it. Jimin makes a small noise like a whining puppy before stretching his legs out and making himself comfortable on the bigger man's laps. "How does it even feel? To have so many guys after you?" Jimin asks, looking up and blinking owlishly at Namjoon.

Namjoon only shrugs with a quick "Nothing special," because it's true. He's gotten so used to having men lining up to spend the night with him, it has sort of become a chore at one point. There's no thrill. There is no more of the intensity which used to exist. He's still interested in what fresh new faces have to offer, because sex with someone else is always different, but that was about it.