CHAPTER TEN.

"Oh, we're not allowed to drink on the job."

"I never said here," Jaebum counters with a grin, and Jimin just makes an "oh" with his mouth. "When you have a day off. We should grab a drink together," the man continues and Jimin sort of nods to go along with it, because what the hell else is he supposed to do! Where is Namjoon when you need him! "I'll text you, Jimin," Jaebum says before walking away, leaving the smaller man to swallow visibly. Wow, that was intense.

Seokjin, who's witnessed the entire scene play out, smirks as he watches Jimin make his way towards him with his cheeks flushed bright red.

"That man just asked me to have a drink with him!"

"Here?" Taehyung asks from next to Seokjin, picking up a bottle of gin.

"No, like when I'm not here. Like...go on a drink date outside."

"Good for you, Jimin," Seokjin cooes, doing his best to not laugh at how flustered the small man is. "What did you say?"

"I sort of said yes. This is crazy. A guy's never asked me out for a drink before."

"Better get used to it," Seokjin says with a wink "So when's the date?"

"Not sure. He said he'll text. Wait, should I ask him?"

"Slow down," Seokjin interrupts with a chuckle. "First things first. Do you like him?"

"He's really good looking. Like, insanely hot."

"Well, that's a good start I suppose. Why don't you just wait until he texts you," the broad-shouldered man suggests sagely, earning him a knowing glance from Taehyung.

"Yeah? You think so? Ok, good. I will uh...I'm just going to go back to working."

"You do that."

"Is it just me-" Taehyung begins once Jimin's lost in the crowd. "-that's a bit worried for some reason."

"It's definitely not just you," Seokjin agrees thoughtfully. He knows that Jimin had just become a target for a lot of heartbreakers trying to stake claim on what was originally Namjoon's, and while he doesn't want to be judgemental, most of them are not looking to stick around with Jimin for that long. And while Seokjin wouldn't really care what two adults do in their spare time, Jimin's just too sweet to be used like that.

"Should I do a background check?" Taehyung asks, refering to the man who had just asked their newest member out. Seokjin thinks for a moment. There is an invisible system in place when it comes to gay men of Seoul. It's a very tightly-knit network, which means a bit of digging is bound to yield a list of people the man's slept with in the last month and any acts of douchebaggery he may have engaged in in the last year or so.

"Frankly, I don't think we need a background check to see that man's bad news for someone like Jimin."

"Should we do something about it?" Taehyung suggests uncertainly. He's grown quite fond of Jimin. Jimin wasn't like any of the patrons that came to the bar. He was all butterflies and rainbows and romance novels that teenagers eat up, and while commendable, the particular traits made Jimin vulnerable. Taehyung's used to watching drunk gay men mindfucking each other until one caved and they took it to actual physical fucking, not a ball of fluff blushing at the first guy that asks him out on a drink date.