CHAPTER FORTY FIVE.

It's the day of their highly-anticipated New Year's party.

Jimin busies himself putting up gold and silver decorations around the bar, looking just as proud of his work as he had been with the tree. Seokjin and Taehyung occupy themselves with making sure that they have enough champagne for their annual countdown just as Hoseok makes sure that everything else is ready. Yoongi is meticulous with his playlist as always, and Jungkook spends the day hoping that it's not as crazy as last year's.

Their annual "black out kiss time" was a popular event for everyone coming to the bar, but it was also a nightmare for Jungkook. Against all odds, somehow people managed to fuck up monumentally during the few seconds the lights are out, not to mention the whole accidentally kissing someone else's man, and oh boy, that always led to trouble. Jungkook cracks his neck a few times, wondering if he should just do some push-ups to get ready. He ends up working out right next to Yoongi, who tells him to take that shit elsewhere (Jungkook doesn't listen).

"So, is your boyfriend coming?" Taehyung asks Jimin in the best casual tone he can muster and regrets is immediately when the other man scratches his chin with a sad smile.

"I didn't ask."

"What!? Why not?"

"I was going to, and then he started telling me about the plans he had with you know...people."

"His non-gay friends and family?" Taehyung huffs with perhaps a bit more bite than he had intended, but he can't even bring himself to regret it when he sees the dejected look on Jimin's face.

"It's OK. I totally understand, you know?"

"Jimin..." Taehyung begins and then purses his lips. "We'll have fun. It's going to be great!"

"Yeah, I'm excited," Jimin says, brightening up slightly at the other man's words. Once Taehyung is summoned by Seokjin, he plays with the empty champagne bottle that's been painted gold in his hands, doing his best to not focus on the fact that he'll miss out on the whole black out kiss time thing. In all honesty, he's been really looking forward to it. Perhaps he should've asked Mingyu. Maybe the man might have changed his plans for him...but he didn't want to be greedy and come off as needy. Didn't want to feel bad when Mingyu does in fact change his plans for him.

Namjoon, who had been watching the exchange from a few feet away, sighs lowly to himself. Again, as much as he doesn't like seeing Jimin and Mingyu together, the pained expression on Jimin's face is almost unbearable to him. Why is it that this Mingyu guy can't keep a smile on Jimin's face?

He approaches Jimin, who's still staring at the bottle in his hands and puts one hand gently on top of the other's head.

"The bar's never looked this high-class," Namjoon comments idly, looking around the bar thats been decorated in gold and silver. Jimin looks up and then flashes the other a grin.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah. You're really good at this. Everyone's been commenting on how beautiful the bar's been looking lately for all the events," Namjoon says earnestly, dropping his hand and settling for just standing in front of Jimin.

"Thanks, boss," Jimin murmurs sheepishly, appreciating the fact that Namjoon seems to pay close attention to all the work he does around Bulletproof.