november 8, 2004

AFTER THE READ THROUGH, Lennon found herself stood outside the conference room, waiting for the actors to be dismissed from their personal meeting with Ang

    AFTER THE READ THROUGH, Lennon found herself stood outside the conference room, waiting for the actors to be dismissed from their personal meeting with Ang. Heath had urged her to wait for him so they could go get something to eat, to which she willingly obliged.

    Throughout the read through Heath would lean his knee up against hers or subtly brush his hand against her thigh. His sudden forwardness was intimidating to Lennon, but she found herself wanting more. Nobody had seemed to notice how the Aussie man flirted with her, except one person.

    Michelle Williams worked with Lennon Sarsgaard on Dawson's Creek, briefly. Michelle played Jen Lindley, a main cast member who was there since the dawn of the show, while Lennon had joined the cast as Audrey Liddell for the final season.

    While there hadn't been any bad blood between the two, previously, if looks could kill then Lennon would be dead after that read through. She knew nobody had noticed Heath's subtle glances or comments, with the one exception being Michelle. Although Michelle was playing Heath's wife in the film, surely he wouldn't have been flirting with Lennon if there was anything more going on between him and his costar. Nevertheless, she made a mental reminder to ask him about it.

    "Ready girly?" Heath's voice from behind Lennon caused a small shriek to escape her mouth.

    She held a hand to her heart laughing off her embarrassing squeal, "you scared me, but yes, I'm ready. Do you have any idea where we're going?"

    Heath rose and dropped his shoulders in a sign of defeat as they stood at the front entrance of the hotel. He waved over the taxi from a few feet away and was quick to open the door so Lennon could get in before him.

    "Where to?"

    "The closest pub," he answered, giving a glance to see Lennon's reaction. She smiled at his informality, glad that he hadn't opted for something fancy.

    Only now did she realize how out of character she was dressed, but it was the comfiest attire for her long flight she had gone on. Black leggings covered her legs and a gray sweatshirt with 'New York City' in purple lettering embroidered covered her torso. Beat up black and white low top Converse covered her feet, but she wished she opted for combat boots with the cold Canada air.

   Within ten minutes they had been dropped off at some sort of pub style restaurant called the 'Rusty Cage.'

    "Are you sure he didn't drop us off at some sort of weird sex club?" Lennon looked wearily at the brick building earning a deep chuckle from Heath.

    Heath placed his palm lightly on the small of Lennon's back, slowly guiding her towards the entrance of the so-called restaurant. A sigh of relief escaped her lips when they were seated at a booth near the very apparent kitchen.

    "Looks like a restaurant to me," Heath laughed as he read over the menu the waitress had given them.

   "What a weird name for a restaurant."