december 31st, 2004

NEW YEARS EVE WAS AROUND THE CORNER and Lennon had fully prepared to get completely obliterated

    NEW YEARS EVE WAS AROUND THE CORNER and Lennon had fully prepared to get completely obliterated. January first she would be flying back to England to finish filming the few scenes she had left, so she knew it would be necessary to get hammered before it was time to return back to work. Since Christian's flight back to England would require him to stop in New York, Lennon urged him to celebrate the new year with her. It was no surprise he obliged.

    It was 7 o'clock on the 30th of December, and Lennon was starting her makeup for the elaborate party they would be attending that night.

    "So, whose party are we going to?" Christian sat on her bed, watching as she carefully applied some sort of pen to her eye.

    "I honestly don't know," Lennon shrugged her shoulders, "Jake and my brother told me about it, they're gonna pick us up at eight thirty."

    "I'm already meeting the family?" Christian gave her a wink in the reflection of the mirror, "I think I met Pete at a golden globe party to be honest."

    "He's been a dick recently," She sighed, beginning to get aggravated that she had messed up her winged eyeliner for a third time.

    "But, he'll probably be nice to you when he realizes you're the reason I'm somewhat sane still."

Amused, Christian walked over to Lennon, placing his hands on either side of her shoulders. He gently pressed his fingers into her skin, massaging her bare skin. She was sitting in a strapless bra and matching panties, something most women would be uncomfortable with showing so carelessly. Lennon had always been comfortable showing her skin, to a point where she hadn't even realized if it ever made her guests uncomfortable.

He stood there admiring her in the mirror as she continued to apply some sort of colorful powder to her eyes. Her lips were covered in a vibrant red color, and he noticed how it made her lips look plumper than usual. They had yet to kiss, but in the back of his mind he knew he'd make the final move when the ball dropped later on.

    "Why are you staring at me like that?" Lennon turned her body to face him, giving him a questioning look.

    "I can't admire your beauty?"

    She rolled her eyes, ignoring the blush that rose to her cheeks, "You're so cheesy."

    Standing from the chair, Lennon made her way over to that adjoining bathroom. She grabbed her curling wand, plugging it in so it could heat up. Christian followed after her, placing his hands on her waist as she brushed out her hair.

"I'm glad you made it to England in time for filming," the cool air from his mouth caused goosebumps to form on Lennon's shoulders, "to think I'd be spending New Years without you... it's quite unimaginable."

It was so often that the Brit made her blush, that Lennon's face remained a natural hue of red. She turned in Christian's arms, wrapping hers around his neck to give him a hug. She kept eye contact with him, feeling his hands brush up and down her bare back as he brought his face closer to hers.