november 9, 2004

IT WAS FREEZING THROUGHOUT the hotel room, although the body heat emulating from Heath was able to calm down Lennon's shivers

    IT WAS FREEZING THROUGHOUT the hotel room, although the body heat emulating from Heath was able to calm down Lennon's shivers. The petite girl lay fast asleep in the Aussie's embrace, content in her dreams.

    It was nine in the morning and Jake had already began getting dressed to head to their first day of filming. While he dressed he noticed little movement or sound coming from Heath's room, but figured he must've already left without him. So, in a daze, Jake hurriedly grabbed his backpack and exited the suite.

    If Heath had been accustomed to a sleep schedule he usually would have been up already, but due to the fact that he hadn't slept in 17 hours, his body remained still. His arm was loosely draped around Lennon's figure, but in a movement brought on by his realistic dreams, she had been moved so that her back faced his front. The motion had been spurred on by Heath's inability to find a comfortable position, but in the middle of the night he soon grew accustomed to protecting her small body.

    The sound of the hotel's obnoxious telephone ringing was enough to stir Heath from his overdue slumber, "bloody hell."

    "Hello," he grumbled into the phone, barely opening his eyes as to not get blinded by the sun seeping through the curtains.

    "Mr. Ledger? This is concierge calling to inform you that a Mr. Ang Lee requests your presence. He wanted to call and make sure everything was alright."

    "Ah, fuck me," Heath finally opened his eyes at checked the alarm clock on the nightstand, 9:45am.

    "Excuse me—"

    "Tell him I'll be there in about thirty minutes, please." And with that Heath slammed the phone back onto its holder, "fuck."

    The hard plastic hitting its base finally disturbed Lennon from her sleep, and she instantly widened her eyes when she noticed the unfamiliar room. The bed was dipped behind her, a heavy presence evident on the bed. Slowly, she turned onto her side taking into account Heath's large frame.

    "Morning," Lennon spoke, but wished she hadn't when she heard the sound of her nasally voice.

    Heath instantly turned around offering a small close mouthed smile, "mornin' darling."

    Fuck, he called me darling, she thought. The pet names were enough to make her feel like taking him right there, but the sudden rush of blood to her head made the thoughts subside.

    "Hangover? I've got some meds in the bathroom for pain relief if ya' want." He offered once he noticed her sudden change in emotion. "There's some Advil and ibuprofen on the shelves."