november 13, 2004

ALBERTA, CANADA WAS FREEZING, but filming had only formally began less than a week ago

ALBERTA, CANADA WAS FREEZING, but filming had only formally began less than a week ago. The forecast called for snow, and as unlucky as it was to everyone living in Alberta, it was perfect timing for production. Ang thought they would have to film the scenes with fake snow, but they had gotten lucky when soft flakes began to fall from the sky.

Filming out of order wasn't unusual, but definitely wasn't the preferred method. Unfortunately due to weather conditions everything that had been filmed so far ranged from scenes in both the beginning and middle of the script.

Since the night in Heath's hotel room the two remained close, but not as close as their intimate sleepover on that eighth night of November. Filming scenes with Michelle and Heath was incredibly awkward, not to mention that there was some sort of unearthed tension between the two women. It was worse when Lennon had to see Heath flirt with Michelle on camera. She knew she didn't have a right, though. They weren't exclusive, and hell, for all she knew, he was just trying to get in her pants.

Jake had heard all the details, from both Heath and Lennon, as much as he wished he hadn't. It was awkward to see her so flustered over his co-star, and much more so when he knew that Michelle had been in Heath's bedroom only a day or so before Lennon arrived. He had wanted to question the Aussie's actions, but figured it wasn't his place and ignored the desire to probe.

    It was the fourth formal day of filming out in the mountains, and as much as the crew had enjoyed getting to witness Jake and Heath's chemistry, the snow began to stick meaning it was time to go home. The assistants loaded everything onto the trucks and made their way back to the indoor studio close to the illustrious Hilton hotel. Meanwhile, Heath, Jake, Lennon, and Michelle boarded the bus back.

    "So," Jake cleared his throat after a long awkward silence within the group. "Anyone up for a beer?"

    "I think I'm gonna stay in tonight," Heath shrugged his shoulders, focusing his attention on Lennon. He mouthed, "don't go" to her in an attempt to ensure they would finally reconcile in the comfort of his hotel room.

     Noticing his subtle plea, Lennon nodded her head, "Yeah, I'm feeling pretty tired."

    Jake rolled his eyes, frustrated that he would probably be going out to get a drink alone. Michelle was sat beside him reading through her overly highlighted script giving Jake the impression that asking her to drink wasn't worth the bother.

    For the remainder of the drive a silence lingered throughout the bus, although the soft sound of Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams could be heard over the speakers. Jake sang the words under his breath when they finally approached the grand hotel entrance. Michelle was first to stand and hurry off the bus, Heath and Lennon following suit, leaving Jake to saunter off shortly after.

    The brunette and curly haired blonde made their way into the hotel, keeping a few feet in front of them so they wouldn't have to share an elevator with Michelle.