november 13th, 2007

LENNON HAD ONLY BEEN IN LONDON FOR THREE DAYS, and already she had become a regular at Dark Sugars chocolate shop

LENNON HAD ONLY BEEN IN LONDON FOR THREE DAYS, and already she had become a regular at Dark Sugars chocolate shop. The workers graciously greeted her and Heath whenever they entered, preparing their usual order before they came to the register. Somehow Lennon had managed to gain an intense pregnancy craving for chocolate covered oranges overnight. They had been to a few different shops in London, but always went back to Dark Sugars.

    Heath found it hilarious that his girlfriend couldn't stop eating the chocolate, causing her to go through a crying fit for feeling fat. Seeing Lennon so vulnerable was new for Heath, and though he hated seeing her cry, he had to admit it was amusing. It was a consistent routine now; leaving set, going to the chocolate shop and heading back to the hotel.

    Though Heath had planned something better than staying cooped up in the room. He didn't tell Lennon as he wanted it to be a surprise, but he planned a sweet date night for them. Something to hopefully make Lennon not feel so bad about herself.

    It was a minuscule request, but Lennon had always wanted to go see the London bridge at night. So Heath made sure to have a cab ready for when she got out of the shower so the two could head over. That wasn't all. When they first started dating one of the things Lennon said was on her bucket list was to see a play, a real play. It just so happened that Phantom of the Opera was set to be put on at Her Majesty's Theatre down the road from the bridge. Heath's costar Andrew Garfield happened to work at the theatre back in his teens, meaning he was able to provide some tickets last minute courtesy of some old school mates. It was all full circle.

    "Okay, I'm dressed, now can you tell me where we're going?" Lennon came out of the bathroom dressed in a floral black dress that Heath had managed to steal from the set.

He rose his brows, smirking, "wow, look at my beautiful girl."

He twirled his finger to get Lennon to spin around for him, though she rolled her eyes in the process. She looked amazing, there was no denying it, and he could sense the confidence radiating off of her for the first time in weeks.

"I can't believe you stole this from set," Lennon shook her head as she began to put her heels on, "you're giving it back."

"Eh, I don't know about that, doll," Heath smirked, "you just look so beautiful. I might need to see you in it again, yeah?"

Lennon rolled her eyes, blushing, "you're too much Ledger. Where are we going?"

"Ah, ah, ah," he wagged his finger back and forth, "it's a surprise."

After a twenty minute drive thanks to London traffic, the couple finally arrived at the London Bridge. Heath made sure to undo his tie and wrap it around Lennon's eyes so she would be surprised at their location.

"My god, when can I take this tie off my face," Lennon complained.

Heath was holding her steady as they walked closer and closer to the walkway of the bridge, letting her go when they finally made it underneath. He carefully untied the tie as to not get it caught in her hair.

"Okay, 3, 2, 1," Heath dropped the tie, finally allowing Lennon's eyes to adjust to where they stood.

Her mouth stood slightly open, in awe of the large bridge they stood on. Christmas lights decorated the railing of the bridge, and it was considerably more empty than usual because of the time.

"I can't believe you really brought me here," Lennon grabbed Heath in her arms, hugging him tightly.

    "Anything to make you happy, Len," he gave her a kiss on the forehead, wrapping his arms around her.

    They stood in place under the bridge for a few moments, Heath swaying them back and forth. He ran his fingers through her hair, bringing them up and down her back as he went.

    "As much as I want to stay here all night with you, we have another surprise along our journey."

    Lennon lifted her head from his chest giving Heath a confused look, "this isn't it?"

    He smiled and shook his head quickly, "Nope. But we can walk to the next surprise."

    Because of traffic Heath knew they were going to be late to the play, but he hoped Lennon didn't mind. In a way he knew she wouldn't because she probably wouldn't want to stay for the whole two hours anyways.

When they arrived at the theatre, Lennon read the marquee, confused.

"We're seeing Phantom of the Opera?"

Heath smirked, "anything for you love."

They entered the theatre, getting recognized almost immediately by the staff. Because of this they weren't questioned about their lateness, but instead were quickly ushered to their private opera box.

"If you need anything at all Mr. Ledger please feel free to press this button and we will be right at your service." The worker pointed towards the red service button.

"Thanks a lot, mate. You think you could grab me a whiskey on the rocks, and a pink lemonade for the missus?"

Without a second to spare the worker quickly rushed from the booth heading to the bar.

"Wow, I've never been to one of these, let alone in a private box." Lennon was amazed at the private room they sat in.

"I told ya', anything for you love," Heath took Lennon's hand in his, placing a kiss upon her skin. "You don't mind me drinking?"

Lennon shook her head, though she really did. But at the same time at least he was drinking instead of popping pills, at least that's what she thought.

•••

i hope you guys don't mind that i do some filler chapters, i just really don't want this story to end 😭