october 7, 2007

BROOME STREET WAS HOME TO THREE NEW TENANTS

    BROOME STREET WAS HOME TO THREE NEW TENANTS. It had been several days since Heath, Lennon, and their unborn child had moved into their new space. Though Lennon had a lot of furniture, the couple decided new home, new furniture, so as soon as they signed the lease it was off to IKEA. It's always real when you go to IKEA together.

    Heath, Peter, and Jake were able to build most of the furniture, and luckily some of the movers volunteered to help. Considering they hadn't been living in the apartment long, Lennon's use of vividly reading Arch Digest magazines helped make their new space feel lived in.

    One of the biggest sighs of relief was Heath finally being able to completely empty out the storage unit he had bought long ago after moving out of his old home with Michelle. There was a vintage record player he had bought at a yard sale in Brooklyn, and a few boxes of random knickknacks he had collected over the years. Most of his stuff was already at Lennon's old apartment, though.

Maggie recommended Pottery Barn for a cute baby crib, but Lennon had her eye on a specific one. She found a clear crib at an independent furniture store in Manhattan, and it was delivered the same day she bought it. It was the only furniture piece in the baby's bedroom because Lennon couldn't decide on what the theme of his room would be. A small part of her wanted to make it Batman themed, but she didn't want to force it.

Being that they were now three months along, and finally were settled in the new apartment, Heath was able to get ahold of Michelle in time to take Matilda. Michelle was going to be gone to Los Angeles for a week and planned on bringing Matilda, but Heath's urgency allowed for his daughter to stay with them.

"They're here," Heath interrupted Lennon's thoughts. He walked over to the intercom hitting the buzzer so Michelle and Matilda would be allowed into their home.

This was going to be the first time since Matilda's hospital incident that all three adults were in the same room together. If things were normal this might have made Lennon want to vomit, but as she sat on the couch in her tight shirt that so slightly showed a pregnant belly, she felt content. In her head she finally won. It wasn't a competition, and she appreciated Michelle's trust in their relationship, but nevertheless she felt successful.

"Wow Tilly, look at Daddy's new house," the loud clicking of heels hitting the marble floor made Lennon's attention turn.

Heath got up from beside her and ran over to Matilda who was struggling to run towards him, "Look at my gorgeous girl,"

Being nearly two years old the little girl was doing her best to cuddle her father, but her little body was too consumed in his. Lennon smiled, knowing how much Heath had been dying to see his daughter. It made her sad that he had to be apart from her so much, but Lennon tried not to think about how it could affect their son too.

"How's the pregnancy going?" Michelle spoke after a few awkward moments of silence.

"Well, it's definitely going," Lennon laughed and pointed towards the pickles and peanut butter that was spread on their coffee table.