december 30, 2006

FIVE DAYS PASSED AND IT WAS NOW NEW YEARS EVE

FIVE DAYS PASSED AND IT WAS NOW NEW YEARS EVE. Both Lennon and Heath remained cooped up in her Manhattan apartment, keeping each other company. E! News ran its daily segment scrutinizing celebrities, but for the first time in its history, found itself the target of Heath Ledger updates. Michelle and Heath's alleged split was breaking news in every media outlet, and Heath's absence from the streets of New York only caused more confusion.

Since his arrival at her apartment, Heath made himself comfortable in the guest room, unpacking his bags into the bureau. He was only supposed to stay the night, but after their long talk that Christmas night, Lennon didn't want him to leave. She didn't want him to leave ever, but that wasn't realistic.

The wooden floors of her home caused goosebumps to rise on her skin as she walked barefoot in the halls. Being that it was New Years Eve, Lennon normally would be getting prepared to go to an elaborate Hollywood party, but the two made an agreement to stay inside. She made the short walk to Blockbuster (I MISS BLOCKBUSTER) earlier that morning and got a variety of DVDs for them to watch. It was already getting late and they called for a pizza while deciding to watch The Outsiders.

"You look comfortable," Heath let his eyes wander Lennon's bare legs. She was wearing pajama shorts and an oversized shirt that read 'i'm a fucking princess' which earned a laugh out of the Aussie.

Ignoring his comment, like usual, Lennon went over to the DVD player and put in the movie. "The pizza will be here in about thirty, I got those lava cakes too- oh my god I almost forgot, there's ice cream in the fridge so we can make a sundae thing."

Heath widened his smile, amused with how she continued to talk about making a messy ice cream concoction. Her hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail, and her face was clear of any makeup. As cliche as it was, Lennon was one of those women who really didn't need makeup to look good, at least he thought so.

"I still think we should watch Crocodile Dundee," he rolled his eyes playfully. Lennon groaned as she made her way to the spot beside him on the couch.

"I'm not watching your stupid crocodile movie."

Heath sucked in a breath, holding his hand to his heart, "I'm offended. But really, it's a classic."

"You literally agreed on The Outsiders with me," she pressed the play button on the remote. "It was either this or Trainspotting, because I'm sure as hell not watching your kangaroo movie."

"I'm just kidding," Heath bit his cheek, glancing at Lennon from the corner of his eye. She was sitting a few inches away from him, her legs were crossed and her arms were limp beside her. He subtly moved his body closer to hers, wincing as the couch dipped beneath him.

"Ya' know, I've neva' seen this film before," Heath watched as the opening credits began.

Lennon turned to face him, mouth ajar, "are we kidding? You've never seen The Outsiders? It's more iconic than your crocodile movie."