july 6, 2007

PERTH AUSTRALIA is the most isolated city in the world

PERTH AUSTRALIA is the most isolated city in the world. It's where Heath grew up, it's where his parents grew up, and there parents and so forth. While there was the downtown area of the city, Lennon noticed on the drive to Heath's childhood home that they seemed to be more in the countryside.

It was late in the afternoon, and both Lennon and Heath were running on varied sleep schedules, Lennon's making her more agitated. Unbeknownst to her, though, Heath had taken a few Valium before their second flight from Los Angeles to Sydney. Eased the nerves, he told himself.

Being back in Perth was honestly a dodgy move on Heath's part and he knew it. His access to drugs was going to be a lot easier than back in Manhattan. It's not like he could call one of his old mates and ask them to bring a speedball to Lennon's flat.

"We're here," Heath tapped on the backseat window waking Lennon from her daze.

She unbuckled her seatbelt, opening the truck door to the cold air. Although it was July the seasons were opposite now that they were in a different hemisphere.

The house was decently sized, from the looks of it on the outside. There was a big garage and Lennon could faintly see a chicken coupe peaking through the backyard gate. It was a cute home. For some reason it was weird to think Heath grew up there.

"Right this way, darling," Heath placed his hand on the small of Lennon's back. He lead her up the stairs that connected to the wooden deck and into an enclosed front porch.

Kim walked ahead of the two, unlocking the front door and letting a small dog run free on the porch.

"Wow, Ninu is still kicking, huh," Heath bent down and picked up the small chihuahua in his arms.

"He's been gettin' on mums nerves," Kim glared at the dog, "looks like everyone's out back. I think Liv's got a bloke over—"

"My little sisters got a boyfriend?" Heath rose his eyebrows towards his dad. "I don't know about all that..."

Lennon rolled her eyes. She was honestly more quiet than normal but everything going on was a lot for her to process. As they walked through the kitchen she noticed how many family photos were strewn about. In an awkward moment of staring she noticed a framed photo of Heath, Matilda and Michelle.

"Don't mind that," Kim placed a hand on Lennon's shoulder. She hadn't realized she was standing in the middle of the hallway with the frame in hand.

"You've got to bare with us, Heath's a piece of work. He only told us about you a few weeks ago."

Lennon waved him off, "no, no it's fine. No big deal."

Kim gave her a small smile gesturing for them to continue towards the backdoor. When they made it out back all of Heath's sisters instantly glanced towards Lennon, smiling.