january 1, 2004

HEATH WAS PRACTICALLY MOVED INTO Lennon's grand apartment on 421 Broome Street

    HEATH WAS PRACTICALLY MOVED INTO Lennon's grand apartment on 421 Broome Street. Less than a week after their hospital visit, Lennon accompanied Heath to the storage unit he purchased. They rented a uhaul and were able to empty the unit, fitting all his boxes in the guest room that he had been staying in. It went without saying he was now living with Lennon, and their lack of communication on the topic made the transition run smooth.

The duo remained in the presence of one another and nobody else since that day back in December when Heath came to the apartment unannounced. Although both had talked to Jake, neither made plans to catch up with him. He was oblivious to the fact that they were living together, as was everyone but Michelle, and Lennon nor Heath planned on making any announcement.

They were in the guest room unpacking what was left of Heath's boxes when Lennon's phone began to ring.

Jane

"Hey, what's up?" Lennon held the phone between her face and her shoulder as she placed his clothes on a hanger. Heath furrowed his eyebrows, watching as she spoke on the phone against her ear.

"We have a hair and makeup test in the city the first week of February," Jane said, "for the dark knight, obviously. You think I can crash at yours like usual? I'm gonna fly in the day before."

Lennon stared at Heath who was nodding his head at the phone, she waved him off. "Uh, yeah... you can. Just call me whenever you get here, we can go to dinner or something."

"Sounds good, babe," Jane was chewing on something through the speaker and it made Lennon cringe. "Peace."

"Bye." She placed her phone on the nightstand. "That was my friend, Jane, since you're so nosy."

"We're going to dinner?"

Lennon laughed, "uh, not with you. But she's gonna be staying here for a few days next month. I have a makeup test thing for a movie,"

"What movie?" Heath made his way to sit on the bed, folding the jeans that she tossed his way.

"You remember that Batman movie I did right?"

Heath smirked, but immediately dropped it so she wouldn't notice. "Uh, I think so, why?"

"Well, I'm gonna be in the sequel, so I'm going to a fitting with Jane next month. She worked for hair and makeup on the last film."

"Interesting." Heath side-eyed her, checking to see if she was curious about his comments. She wasn't, and he silently let out a long sigh.

Should I tell her I'm going to be in it? Or should it just be a surprise? Fuck, I don't know what to do, he thought.

Of the hundreds and thousands of actors, Heath Ledger was cast as the main villain in Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight. The Joker would be revived for the first time since Jack Nicholson's iconic performance in Batman 1989, and of all people, Heath had been chosen. He auditioned for the role since early 2006, but it was officially set in stone around Halloween of that same year. And although it was a monumental role to be discussed, Chris made him swear to not tell anyone about the endeavor. It would ruin the illusion, Chris said.