december 16, 2006

IT WAS LATE 2006, a few weeks before Christmas, and Lennon found herself sat at a crowded outdoor patio in Los Angeles

    IT WAS LATE 2006, a few weeks before Christmas, and Lennon found herself sat at a crowded outdoor patio in Los Angeles. Emma Thomas was by her side, along with her now close friend Jane, both who worked on Batman Begins. Lennon never had any close girl friends, but in recent years she found herself growing more attached to her two colleagues and soon began making daily arrangements to catch up with them. Her 26th birthday had just passed, so she remained in LA where her girl friends lived until it was time to head back to the city for the holidays.

They were at the Chateau Marmont and a party was ongoing even though it was well past two in the morning. Jane was chatting away to some random celebrity that bought her a drink, but Emma stayed glued to her husband Chris's side. Lennon walked back and forth between the bar and they're small friend group several times, but always found her way back to her spot in the booth.

Cocaine and ecstasy could be seen spread across numerous tables, but due to the assortment of famous men and women, nobody paid it any mind. Not to mention that both Jane and Lennon had snorted a line from an older actor from the 80s.

"Hey, guys, me and Chris are gonna head home," Emma had poked Lennon's arm hard after not getting her attention for five minutes. "Do you need a ride to the apartment or do you have money for a taxi?"

"Mhm, I've got money," Lennon was mumbling but Emma made her way close enough to hear what she was saying. The smell of Jameson and vodka that came out of Lennon's mouth was enough to make the Brit gag, but she refrained.

"Ok. I'll see you soon, call me in the morning so I know you're safe."

Lennon nodded, but barely had her eyes open wide enough to see if her friend had really left. Strobe lights continued to flash around the darkened patio, and people were still jumping in and out of the heated pool next to the patio where she was sat.

"Lennon, this- THIS is Charlie." Jane stumbled when she attempted to stand from the sweaty booth. She held onto the blonde man beside her, finding it too difficult to remain on her own two feet.

    "I'm gonna go with him to his suite, right up there, okay?" She pointed over to the line of hotel rooms that could be seen from the side of the building.

    "So, you're ditching me?" Lennon took her empty glass and walked away from Jane. She made her way back to the bar where she refilled her empty cup for what had to be the twentieth time that night.

    Grabbing the glass from the countertop, Lennon made her way towards Jake who had been talking to Leonardo DiCaprio the entire night. The two were enthralled in a conversation about the size of a women's breasts across the room, but the conversation simmered when Lennon lazily stood in front of them. She was swaying her body, trying to balance her weight from one foot to the other in an attempt at looking tough.