july 17, 2007

A WEEK AND A HALF LATER, Heath was busy on the set of the movie he had come to Perth to film

A WEEK AND A HALF LATER, Heath was busy on the set of the movie he had come to Perth to film. It was called Candy, a movie about a heroin addicted couple trying to overcome their harsh reality. He was practically on set everyday filming, cutting down the production time in half. His costar was an Australian actress named Abbie Cornish, a younger girl he never heard of it.

Lennon made it clear Heath was hers— to both Abbie and any other woman that tried coming near him. He thought it was cute how protective she was, but in a way he knew it was more than overprotectiveness. It was an insecurity.

Heath was the first man Lennon ever truly worried about. She always knew she had every other guy wrapped around her finger, but when it came down to the Aussie, she was always second guessing herself. Although they practically lived together, Lennon's lack of trust in Heath was very apparent. After-all, he had basically cheated on Michelle with her. Karma's a bitch, Lennon thought to herself.

And, ever since their confrontation in Heath's bathroom, Lennon noticed a significant change in Heath's recreational activities. Or at least to her knowledge it seemed like there was a change.

She was sat behind a few cameras, watching as Heath acted alongside Abbie on the streets of downtown Perth. It was sunny and chilly outside, so Lennon was drowning in Heath's large sweatshirt, but she didn't mind. It smelled like weed and his new routinely sprayed Jack Black cologne.

Heath and Abbie were filming a scene in which Abbie was trying to get money from a pawnshop. It hadn't been too long since they starred shooting, and they barely had to do retake anything which was surprising. Filming the movie seemed to be going by pretty quick and Lennon wasn't too sure how to feel about it. The idea of going back to New York almost seemed foreign, but she knew at some point they would have to return.

Jake had been calling her, everyday actually. She only answered a handful of times, but when she did, Lennon felt the convos were bittersweet. Jake was busy in San Francisco filming a movie called 'Zodiac.' He told her he didn't know too many people on set and that she should come visit when she got the chance. It was nice to talk to him and catch up on all the time they spent a part, and it was especially nice to be able to vent to someone other than Heath.

In a way Lennon knew it was unhealthy to spend as much time with him as she was, but it was only because she had so much time off.

    Lennon's agent, Bridget, had emailed her a few scripts, and the only film that looked the most promising was one called 'Inglorious Basterds.' It was a Quentin Tarantino film— a film that was set to start shooting in November in Germany. According to Bridget, Quentin's assistant said he personally wanted to email Lennon the script. He said she was perfect for the role.

    She sat consumed in her thoughts until the loud ringing of her phone went off, causing everyone on the small set to glare.

    "Fuck, I'm so sorry, I thought it was off," Lennon gave Heath a look, speed-walking a few feet away to answer the phone. "Hello?"