july 4, 2007

AS QUICK AS FILMING BEGAN it abruptly came to an end less than two months later

   AS QUICK AS FILMING BEGAN it abruptly came to an end less than two months later. It was summer time, and both Heath and Lennon returned back to their apartment and remained in seclusion since their return from Chicago. The time spent in Chicago was... eventful to say the least.

    Neither Heath nor Lennon had anywhere to be so for the time being they were enjoying remaining in bed 24/7. The only time one of them left was when it was time to pick up Matilda or bring her home, and even that was lacking since Michelle was barely in New York. She had recently started seeing an actor named Jason Segel who lived in Los Angeles, so she had only seen Matilda on occasion — leaving her with Lennon and Heath to both their surprise.

    It was the 4th of July, and although it wasn't all that dark out fireworks in the city were already beginning to go off. Matilda was yelling gibberish on the terrace pointing at the dim lights that were in the sky, much to Lennon's amusement.

    "Well would ya' look at that 'Til," Heath scooped the small girl from the ground, swiftly placing her on his shoulders. "You like them?"

    He couldn't see, but he assumed she nodded her head. Lennon stood in the kitchen preheating the oven for the last freezer pizza they had left.

    "Heath," she called, "we gotta go grocery shopping, we're down to our last pizza."

    " 'right bubs, we'll go tomorrow, yea?" Heath winked, and although he was several feet away on the terrace, he noticed the red tint growing on Lennon's cheeks.

Once the pizza was ready Lennon brought it outside where Heath and Matilda were sat at the picnic table. She brought two beers and an apple juice; making sure to put the apple juice in a similar cup to the beers so Matilda wouldn't feel left out.

The sun was beginning to set and soon enough the fireworks were going to start.

"Ya' know," Heath took a bite of the pepperoni pizza, "this is nice."

Lennon furrowed her brows together, "what?"

He waved his hand around gesturing to the small trio, "this. This little family unit, I could get used to this. Maybe with another Tilly."

Processing what had just left Heath's mouth, Lennon had to refrain from spitting out the beer she just took a swig of. Her eyes remained wide staring at Heath who was smirking his arrogant little smirk. He really knew how to get her going.

"Do you ever think before you speak? Honestly."

He laughs, " 'course I do, bubs. I'm tellin' ya' like it is. This is nice. We just need another Tilly, you following?"

There was a silence that lingered between them, not awkward or uncomfortable but a silence. Lennon hadn't been at a loss for words like this in a while. Maybe since she last spoke with Jake. And the way Heath so subtly smirked as he stared at her just made the situation all the more confusing.

"How could you even make such a bold statement like that," Lennon stood from the bench, walking towards the edge of the balcony.

"Why's it getting to ya' so much, doll?"

Lennon quickly turned her neck to face him, wide eyes watching him as he chugged his beer, "Heath."

"Lennon." He mocked.

"I haven't even met your family, you just expect me to want to pop out your kid?"

"Nah," he waved her off, "that's why I booked a flight to Perth tomorrow."

•••

Lennon sat with her arms crossed directly across from Heath on their private section of the airplane. She had her headphones in blasting Nirvana, doing her best to ignore the smirking Aussie who wouldn't stop staring at her.

    As much as she did not want to go all the way to Perth, it was too late. Heath had agreed to film an independent film that would be shooting for the rest of the month. It was either Lennon stay home alone, or go to Perth with Heath. And the idea of being alone wasn't something she wanted, but she didn't want to admit that to him.

    The flight was antagonizing. A long day and a half, but they were about to land. Allegedly Heath's dad was going to be waiting to pick them up, but he didn't tell Lennon that. He knew if he told her that his dad was picking them up she would get filled with anxiety, so why not surprise her, he thought.

    "Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure flying with you, welcome to Perth." The captain announced.

    Heath was quick to stand from his seat, grabbing their carry on's that were placed above them. He was eager to see his dad, after all he barely got to see his family due to the lack of proximity.

    "Well, c'mon now," he grabbed Lennon's hand with his free one, practically dragging her off the plane and into the terminal.

    "We're staying at your parents house?" Lennon was unsure of what they're plan was, after all the whole idea of flying to Perth was only revealed less than 48 hours ago.

    "I've got my own place here," Heath explained. "It's down the road from my parents, so we can just walk there after we visit them."

    Lennon was confused, but nonetheless followed after him through the somewhat small airport. It was honestly crowded for such a desolate city.

    "Oi!" Heath waved over to a short man wearing a baseball cap and glasses.

    Readjusting her bag on her shoulder Lennon tried to keep up with his pace as he rushed over to the unknown man. She stood awkwardly near the bags Heath had dropped on the ground as he hugged the man tightly.

    "Well," Heath smiled letting go of his dad. "Lennon, meet my dad, Kim. Dad, meet my love, Lennon."

    Kim turned towards Lennon, giving her a tight hug before she had time to react. She slowly eased up offering him a few taps on the back and a forced smile towards Heath who was geeking a few feet away.

    "Welcome to Perth!" Kim clapped his hands together, "let's get home now, yeah?"

||

I HAVENT UPDATED THIS IN SOOO LONG
IM SO SORRY
THANK U FOR ALL THE SUPPORT