august 12, 2007

HAPPY(not rlly) QUARANTINE TIME!
finally found it in me to sit and write so here's a bit of a long chapter for y'all. i said i wasn't gonna post this until the last chapter got to 30 votes but i'm too excited to see what u guys got to say lol.
Enjoy!

    WHEN QUENTIN TARANTINO CALLS, YOU ANSWER

    WHEN QUENTIN TARANTINO CALLS, YOU ANSWER. 'Inglorious Basterds' was supposed to begin production in November the earliest, but due to a quick change in plans, Lennon found herself on set in the middle of August. Her vacation with Heath was cut abruptly short, but luckily she was with him around the clock up until her flight almost a week and a half ago.

    Unlike the humid and windy weather in Australia, Germany was surprisingly sunny and sticky. Most of Lennon's parts were filmed inside buildings so there was an occasional fan or two around, but due to Quentin's need for authenticity, air conditioners weren't an option. They had been filming one scene in the basement of what was supposed to be a bar for soldiers. The close quarters the actors remained in, sitting a few inches apart, only added onto their body heat that nobody wanted more of. (scene is linked above)

    "Okay, cut," Quention yelled as he stood arms crossed a few feet from the camera.

    "You're all red in the face, I think we've had enough shooting for today. Rest up and be back here tomorrow, same time– and by same time, I mean ON TIME." He gazed at Michael Fassbender when he emphasized the last two words of his sentence.

    Rushing off set to get out of the uncomfortable corset wardrobe put her in, Lennon jogged the quick distance back to her trailer, heels in hand. When she reached her trailer she quickly locked the door, and undressed, sitting for a few minutes, naked, in front of the air conditioner. She had never been to Germany before, but she definitely didn't think it would be as hot as it was.

    As much of an impact as this film was going to have on Lennon's already prosperous career, working with Tarantino was hectic to say the least. He was so meticulous about getting shots done correctly that they had spent the last seven days on set shooting the same scene.

    She laid on the plush couch, sweat dripping down her body, in an attempt to remain as composed as possible. The sun had already set, and whenever Lennon decided to wipe off her makeup there would be a car waiting to take her back to the hotel. For some reason the heat inside the trailer was overwhelming, and the lack of sleep she had gotten wasn't making it any easier to be productive.

    Luckily, thanks to Lennon's brilliant manager, Jane had followed her friend to Germany to be her recruited hair and makeup artist. They usually took a car back to the hotel together at 7:45, but it was almost 8:30 and Lennon wasn't at their usual meeting spot.

"Hate to be a bother, but, have you seen Lennon? She hasn't returned my calls, is she still on set?" Jane jogged to keep up with the casting director.