Chapter 1 - The Blonde

-Notice-

(Y/N = your name, obviously)

(Y/N POV)

I would be what you would call, the average American.

I like sports, movies, the internet, food, etc as much as the next guy, but of course, my favorite hobby being video games.

I had your basic 9-5 job working as a developer for EA, and it was my dream to take my love for games into reality by creating them.

I had a stable income, a small group of close friends, and a nice home to go to each night. Everyone would say I had it going for me, and that my life was great.

Except its not.

Growing up was relatively easy as my parents were laid back enough to let me do what I want. While that sounds great and all, I always felt like I was missing something in life.  I never had a girl that I particularly liked in school, and even though my parents assured me that I will find somebody my doubt grew each day.

I felt lonely each night, wishing that one day I could get away and find a spark to keep going. On my 23rd birthday, I had a gathering with my friends to celebrate, and as I blew out the candle I wished for a change. What I did not expect, was for the wish to actually work.

The next day I wake up to the sound of my alarm blasting its dreadful soul-sucking noise to drag my lazy ass up. I slam on the clock to shut it off and peep at the time.

8:32 AM

"Shit I'm gonna be late"

I throw back the covers and throw suitable clothes on in a flash

"If I show up late one more time they're gonna kill me"

I quickly snag a protein bar from my pantry and rush to the door, only to sneak a quick look at the calendar.

"It's Saturday, I have off"

I let out a sigh of relief, but quickly change to anger

"So I did all that for nothing?"

I flop onto the chair nearby and sigh

So much for being late

I go off to make a cup of coffee only to realize that I had no more left

"You've got to be kidding me"

I decide to run to the store to buy some, and while I'm at it go buy a coffee from the local cafe

------ Time skip to the cafe ------

Waiting seemed like an eternity as my body began to feel like it was shutting down. Now was not the time for this, I'm in public to Christ's sake. While waiting for the coffee someone caught my attention. He was strikingly familiar like I had seen him before.

He had blonde hair put up in a mohawk with the sides shaved off. He had a black dust mask covering half his face, complete with a white muscle shirt with black and gold coloring. He seemed anxious, not wanting to be there, did he chug 3 cups already? He seemed to want to burst through a wall just to run away.

I eyed him a little, and eventually, he caught my look and I panicked. I turned away to seem like I wasn't staring, but let's be real, it was pretty obvious. I grab my coffee and turn to leave, but decide to wait so I could hear his name.

The worker walked to the counter with the next order

"Drift? Your coffee is ready!"

I recognize that name, but how could I really be sure it wasn't an act. Surely there is no Fortnite universe out there. I haven't played that game in months, there is no way he's real. Right?