Chapter 29 - Calm Before the Storm

~~ A/N IMPORTANT ~~

Hey guys, before this chapter starts I would like to clear a few things up

I know I sound like a broken record by now, but again, I'm sorry for the slow updates and long time between new chapters. I know it is summer and I said how much more time I had to write, but when it came to writing my brain just died. I would be motivated and pumped to write, but the second I sat down for it I lost it all. I'm a lazy fuck I'll be honest, but this story is something I know you guys enjoy, and the fact that I can bring myself to even write a few words is flat out pathetic.

I'm sorry

Ok did I get too sappy with that? If I did... whoops, but its how I feel right now

Tonight I had a surge to finally write, and boy... these next few chapters will be very important so I hope that they're worth the wait

Before I end the A/N I'll flat out tell you that there will be no updates until after next week. I will be going to a program at a college and staying there all of next week, so I will not be writing what so ever.

Thanks for reading as always (Thanks for over 5k reads too), there will be no A/N at the end of the chapter, so without further ado

Enjoy : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N's POV)

The island was silent, the only noise coming from the roar of the kart engines carrying the load of supplies and various leaders. Our destination was known, Tilted Towers, but the threat that awaited us was a mystery. We all talked confidently of taking down the fiends and Dark's forces, but in the end, that was all talk. None of us truly knew what would come of us in the upcoming days, but we all knew one thing.

If we were defeated, the island will fall into utter darkness and death would be our sure fate. While that idea loomed over our heads, we tried to push it out with positivity because we know that focusing on the possible usually harms the true outcome.

The whole group was divided into small groups with our loaded karts, and the groupings were unsurprising:

Kart 1: Drift and Flapjackie

Kart 2: Cuddles and Rex

Kart 3: Calamity and I

Kart 4: Dire and Fable

Kart 5: Redline and Rook

Each kart was equipped with a communication device in case of a surprise attack, but other than that remained silent. I sat in the driver's seat, focusing on the road in front of us. However, I couldn't help but peer over at Calamity, for she had a blank stare out in the distance, seemingly lost in thought. The silence between us was discomforting, as we normally always had something to talk about with her life back in Canny Valley or my experiences back on Earth. It was probably the looming battle that kept a tense yet depressing aura around us.

I hope she's ok, she's never been like this since we've been together

"Whatcha thinking about?" I blurt out, trying to break the silence

She didn't respond, the seconds dragged out to almost a full minute, still nothing

Something is up