Chapter 31 - The Siege (Part 1)

(Calamity's POV)

Red

Gold

Pink

"CALAMITY"

"Huh what where?!" I stutter, jolting from the nightmarish hell.  My eyes meet immediately with Y/N's, making me relax ever so slightly.  However, all of that ease faded in an instant when I caught his expression.  Panic radiated from his eyes, his breathing was heavy and jagged, and I noticed his entire body shaking from fear.

Wait, somethings not right.

The whole island is shaking... again

Y/N attempts to speak, but his eyes dart around frantically as if doom was to fall on us at any second.  I desperately needed answers, and fast.

"Y/N what the hell is going on?"

"We need to get up, we need to hold the barricade... we need to... to..." Y/N trailed off at the end, only managing to partially answer my question, if at all.

"We need to what?  Fight?  Is the siege happening now?" I blurt out, grasping for the remains of his attention.

"Calamity!  Y/N!  You need to see this now!" A voice called from what seemed like across Tilted.  The rumbling of the tremors and the roar of thunder drowning out most sounds, except terrified, deranged screams.  I turn my head to see it was Drift, only a couple of feet from us.  His arms clutched desperately to the barricade, which thankfully stood strong.

"What's happening?"

"I- I don't know how to explain it,"

"Ok ok let me back up a bit, why is the island shaking like a stripper after one too many shots?"

"I think that's pretty obvious to see!"

Y/N and I finally scale the barricade enough to peak past it, but all we could see were the raging storm winds followed by tornado funnels.  However, they never touched the ground, only hovering menacingly above us.  Sparks of purple lighting illuminate the blackened sky, very few managing to strike the ground.  In the distance we can make out the faint glow of Dark, her power pulsating off of her.  The cube overlook late seemed to groan, almost stressed from the sudden surge of energy consumption.  We've theorized plenty of times about what could happen if the cube cracked open, but we weren't too sure if we wanted to figure out the hard way.

"Get your weapons ready!  They can come from anywhere!" Drift warned

We scramble for our fallen rifles, loading them if needed.  The tremors began to subside, the lighting continuing to cast a purple hue over the town.  Soon enough the earth remained stagnant, the quakes becoming slight vibrations.

"Why did it stop... what is she planning?" Y/N muttered, with me nodding in confused agreement.

"All I can say is that it can't be go-"

Drift couldn't even complete his sentence before we were blasted backward from the shockwave.  The lightning above us wasn't illuminating the sky for the sake of creating a menacing aura, but instead to charge up to one overpowered bolt of energy.  The bolt, at least 2 meters wide and full of unprecedented amounts of dark energy soared towards the ground.  The impact sent out a shockwave that was powerful enough to level a small house, but thankfully only minorly damages nearby structures.  However, the barricade didn't hold up too well, for both us and it got sent backward.  I skidded to a stop against the base of an apartment building.  Cuts and abrasions lined my body, making it painful to move even the slightest amount.  However, there was no time to whine about insignificant injuries.