Chapter 2 - The Rift

(Y/N) POV

Its almost been a full week since I met Drift, and we've grown to be friends as we talked about our lives. Drift talked a lot about the island, his home, his friends, and Brite. Life there seemed pretty relaxed, but not without its fair share of dangerous activity. With the rocket launch causing the rift and the whole heroes vs villains story. Life there seemed very intriguing, but not much time was dwelled on talking about life. Especially since mine was very average compared to his, the most I could do was fill him in on changes since his disappearance months ago.

"Seems like this world keeps going further into the shitter by the day huh?" Drift questioned

"For the most part, yes, but not all is bad as there is still some 'good' left"

"How is the rift creation going?"

"Well... it's coming along. The only problem is that there isn't a weak spot close by to cause the disturbance to be made"

"Well, I might have the solution to that"

I glance at him, skeptical.

"What is it?"

"I was in the California Desert when I first got sucked through the rift to come to the island. What if that spot is a weak spot in space still, and we could possibly create a rift there?"

My eyes widen, that could possibly work, but what if it is not contained?

"The instructions say to have it in a confined area, as the disturbance can become a problem if not contained"

Drift slouches in his chair, sadness emitting from his eyes.

"You're right, it might be a problem. But what other choice do we have?"

I sigh, he has a point. We might not find another weak spot so easily. Even if we do, we might be too late. Even if it fails, we might as well try. Besides, the trip to the desert would only be a few hours.

"Ok. We could try, even if it doesn't work. Pack your things we're leaving in an hour."

"R-really? Thank you (Y/N), I can't wait to introduce you to everyone."

"Woah Woah Woah, what do you mean introduce me to everyone."

Drift gives a blank stare, searching for the right words to say

"You're coming to the island right? After all the things you have done for me, I don't want to leave you alone here. You did say you wished for a change in your life, now is the time to make that come true." Drift said with a sparkle in his eyes, he seemed very excited to finally go home.

"I- I don't know. My friends, family, job, I don't know if I could just... leave."

"Please come, even if it is just for a few days, we could always send you back through a rift."

"Let me think about it, I'll decide by the time we get to the desert."

"Thanks again (Y/N)."

"Don't mention i-"

I get cut off by Drift pulling me into a hug, catching me off guard.

"No homo by the way"

"Don't worry about it"

This isn't a DriftxReader either y'all

Drift quickly packs his stuff from his short stay, I sit on my bed, contemplating whether to leave or not.