Chapter 16 - Training

"Told you I would see you soon, didn't I?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N's POV)

Her voice rang in my head throughout the night. I would jolt awake and frantically look around, expecting her to crawl from the shadows and attack. It only took a few moments to realize she was in fact not present, and I'd doze off again. However, there was a calm in the night, and peace in my dreams. It stemmed from an angelic voice combating Dark's, and that voice... was Calamity's. Hearing her voice made me smile and calmed my nightmare, but before I could reach her everything went black.

I slowly open my eyes. Bright sunlight shone through the blinds of the window and directly onto my eyes, causing me to put my hand up to shield myself. In my sleep, I laid down with my back against the mattress. As I was slowly coming to my senses I heard a slight noise. I pick my head up slightly to see Cuddles, Rex and Drift standing at the foot of the mattress. They all had smirks on their face, and Cuddles was covering her mouth to prevent laughter from escaping, but let out small chuckles.

"W- What's so funny?" I murmur

Drift noticed I was awake and made a slight motion to the right with his head. I stare in confusion for a moment but looked over to my right at his direction.

Calamity was on her side and facing me.  Her body laid parallel to my right arm, with her arms wrapped around it.  If I didn't turn so cautiously I would have smacked her face, which wouldn't have been good. Our faces were only centimeters apart now, our noses almost touching.  I freeze, feeling a blush rise to my face. This reaction prompted more laughter from the trio staring at us. I didn't want to wake her up, but I didn't know what to do either.  My eyes remained fixed on her expression, for she was still in a deep sleep, oblivious to the situation.  The sunlight reflected off of her, making her shine like a bright star in the night sky.  It was then I realized that she didn't have her dust mask on, and I could see the rest of her face.  She was beautiful, unlike anybody I've seen before, and I couldn't look away.  She looked peaceful in her sleep, occasionally murmuring him her slumber.  A smile grew across my face, it was cute to see her this way.

I think I'm definitely falling for her

"How long do you think it'll take until they kiss?" Rex whispered over to Drift

"Give 'em a few days, a week tops." He replied

"You know we're right in front of you, right?" I snap.

"Mmph" Calamity moaned

Everyone went silent and snapped their head towards her

She slowly fluttered her eyes open

"W- What's going on?" He murmured, still regaining consciousness

We all remained silent, the trio exchanging looks of interest.  My eyes remained fixed on hers, her gaze meeting mine quickly.

"Oh, good morning (Y/N).  We should... start... training..." Her gaze breaks mine and slowly travels down to her arms.  She notices what she has done in her mindless rest.  She whips her head back up at me, embarrassment on her face.

"I- I'm so sorry." She quickly pulls her arms away and scoots away, turning in an attempt to hide "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable"

"N- No don't be Calamity.  I didn't mind it." I lay my hand on her shoulder, trying to put her at ease, but to no response.